06: wounded

"It'd be nice if you, I don't know, helped us out here," Jimin pointed at their luggage with a scowl when the younger continued to stare at him blankly.

To Jungkook's surprise, the remainder of the trip had passed rather quickly and despite his initial abhorrence towards its idea, he found himself enjoying the few days they spent together as a group.

After all, it wasn't often that they could all meet up in one place. This instance, itself, was a miracle considering that there was only a few weeks left till the kick-off of the fall quarter and until they'd be swarmed with mid-terms and finals once again.

Starting to finally feel the intensity of the pinkette's glares, Jungkook sighed before gathering his belongings and making his way towards Namjoon's Ford F-250. There, leaning beside Jennie's parked Toyota Camry, he found the cause of his sleepless nights looking like an absolute daydream.

"Hey there," Lisa waved lazily, a small smile on her lips as she stretched her arms over her head.

Clad in a pair of loose sweatpants and a striped crop top, Jungkook concluded that she must've awoken recently and was ushered out of her tent by Hoseok, who made it a point to have his equipment neatly packed away by the campers before they left.

"Mornin'," Jungkook greeted back as he struggled to safely secure his bag in between Taehyung and Yoongi's. After a few failed attempts, he heard a soft giggle behind him before a pair of cold hands tugged on his own.

"Here, let me help." Lisa insisted and ushered Jungkook to step away from the vehicle.

The latter watched in amusement as the blonde turned Yoongi's luggage onto its side and stacked Taehyung's atop it, leaving plenty of room for Jungkook's luggage to rest comfortably in the middle.

Grateful for her assistance, Jungkook was about to thank Lisa (and maybe even tease her for her surprising strength) but stopped short when he heard her wince.

He watched suspiciously as on the contrary, Lisa forced a nervous laugh and hid her arm behind her back, away from his worried eyes but not quick enough for him to miss the dark red liquid dripping down the inside of her wrist.

"It's not that bad!" Lisa quickly defended after realizing that he had seen through her facade. "Just a flesh wound, don't worr-"

"Too late." Jungkook cut her off before she could finish. "Stay right here, I'll grab the first-aid kit."

"But Jungkook-" Lisa tried to divert his attention once more, only for her efforts to be proven futile against the raven-haired man's stubbornness.

By then, Jungkook had already disappeared from her line of vision and back to their campsite to retrieve the item in question, while Lisa was left staring at her wrist; watching helplessly as the drops of blood gradually seeped back into her skin.

.

It took longer for Jungkook to locate the silver tin containing the ointments than it did for Yoongi to join the group from his mid-day nap— in short, it took him a long time.

As he hurried back towards where he'd left Lisa, Jungkook wondered whether this was how Namjoon felt each time he came over and misplaced the television's remote by accident. Either way, all Jungkook hoped for was that the blonde was doing okay in his absence.

A wave of relief washed over him when Lisa (much like the first time) waved him over with a smile on her face—this one seeming even brighter than the last.

"Hey, I got you a bandaid," Jungkook started, holding up the flimsy piece of plastic between his fingers for her to see for herself.

Lisa gently grabbed it from his fingers and tucked it into the pocket of her sweatpants before she thanked him for caring. "It's really sweet of you," She mumbled underneath her breath while he simply hummed in response.

For a moment, the two remained in silence—Lisa observing the scenery and Jungkook observing Lisa.

He was curious as to why she had left her wound untreated and instinctively glanced at her left wrist to ease his concerns. To say he was taken aback by what he saw would be an understatement as he couldn't even begin to fathom the reason behind it.

Minutes earlier, the area where a noticeable scar had started to form beneath Lisa's wrist now appeared to be flawless—as if there'd never been one there in the first place.

Jungkook furrowed his brows in confusion. He was sure it'd been her left wrist and recalled Lisa clutching it after she scraped it during her endeavor. But then if that memory was true, what explanation was there for this?

Jungkook didn't know but he assumed that Lisa did.

Just as he lifted his hand to tap Lisa's shoulder, he was interrupted by an obnoxious honk and glanced behind him to see Jennie smirking in the driver's seat, with their friends already long-seated and impatient to leave.

"Come on now, lovebirds, we're getting late here," Jisoo yelled through the window, causing Lisa to roll her eyes before swiveling on her sneakers to face him.

"I'll see you around?" She asked, almost as if she could read the hesitation in Jungkook's stature.

"Mhm," Jungkook affirmed with a nod, feeling his heart stutter at the way her eyes shaped into crescents at his words. "For sure."

❂✴❁✴❂

author's note: i had a little trouble writing this chapter and hope you found it okay :) on the other hand, thank you to four of the loveliest girls i know for their hard work and endless love. to say i've spent all three years with blackpink brings joy that i wouldn't trade for the world. after seeing them grow from shy and newly-debuted artists to being known as confident, independent, and incredibly strong women, i'm excited for all that's yet to come and hope we'll continue to support jenchulichaeng through good and bad— remember that we are their strength as they are our's 🖤💖

 after seeing them grow from shy and newly-debuted artists to being known as confident, independent, and incredibly strong women, i'm excited for all that's yet to come and hope we'll continue to support jenchulichaeng through good and bad— rememb...