11. WIRES

trigger warning;
- suicide

CHAPTER ELEVEN
[WIRES]

CHAPTER ELEVEN[WIRES]

Molly was pissed.

Quiet music played in the kitchen as Kai sat across from her and ate the dinner he made. She stared him down, taking deep breaths in an attempt to keep her cool.

He happily took a bite of steak off his fork and raised his eyebrows at her as if asking what was wrong.

Molly clenched her jaw. "You humiliated me." She said.

"No one's here. No one saw." He shrugged. "We can do whatever we want."

"Not at the cost of my dignity." She leaned forward and narrowed her eyebrows.

"See— these are the benefits of being friends with a sociopath. I don't really care what just happened." Kai smiled cheekily. "Even though it was incredibly fulfilling."

She disregarded his comment. "Friends? You think we're friends?" Molly asked sternly.

"Lovers?" Kai asked, knowing he was going to get some sort of rise out of her.

And he did.

Molly grabbed the plate sat in front of her and chucked it at his head with no hesitation. Kai ducked down in his seat and the plate crashed into the wall behind him.

"O-kay." Kai sighed and placed his fork down.

She stood up angrily, her chair making a loud noise as she got to her feet, and walked away from the table.

"Where are you going?" Kai asked impatiently, as he followed her out of the kitchen.

Molly ignored him and grabbed a jacket off the coat rack beside the front door. She caught a glance out the window, the only source of light was the single street lamp down the road— but once she got into town it would be easier to see in the dark night.

She pulled the door open, and as she began to walk out, Kai grabbed her arm. "Answer me." He said, raising his eyebrows.

"Fuck. Off." Molly responds, getting in his face.

Kai clenched his jaw, as it didn't take long for anger to spark in him, too. He pushed Molly up against the door frame and held her there with his forearm. She breathed heavily as he looked down on her.

"I don't think you really heard me earlier." Kai spoke quietly. "I can— and will— kill you." His lips twitched in and out of a crooked smile. "I would advise you— to stay on my good side." He raised his eyebrows. "Right now you're walking on a thin line."

Molly couldn't cower in fear any longer. She leaned forward and pushed him forcefully into the opposite side of the door frame from where she was just held.