Chapter 26: Finally Free

A few hours later after talking with everyone, I just wanted to go back to my room with Draco. I felt better, and wasn't as tired, but I wanted to be alone with him. "Alone at last," I said to him as we walked in our room. He closed the door quickly, and pushed me against the wall, kissing me, and I let him do whatever he wanted to. We slowly made our way to my bed, and layed down. We just kept kissing for a while, until we got tired and layed down, facing one another.

"I've waited so long to do that," he said to me. "I missed you so much. I mean, it was over a year. "I was scared you would've found someone else," I told him. "Not possible. Never in a million years." I smiled at his response. "Remember what I told you.. before I left?" I did. It was what kept me on my feet all this time. "You'll always only be the one for me too, Draco." He pulled me back over to him, and I nestled into his chest. He pulled the covers over us, and he rested his head on mine, running his fingers through my messy hair. 

"I'm sorry.. about your family," I told him. "Yeah, I still don't know what to do about it." His parents were now locked away in Azkaban, and even though he and I knew they deserved it, they still were his parents after all, no matter what they've done. "Live with me," I said to him. Draco looked down at me. "Live with you? At the Dursley's?" "No, our own place. I still have Sirius's place, he'd want me to use it." He looked so happy. 

"There's nothing more that I could want, Potter." He kissed me again, and I leaned back onto his chest. We slowly fell asleep, holding each other with my hands in his. I dreamt of us, living together.. being happy. I no longer had any bad dreams.. only ones that were happy. I dreamed about me and Draco, living together. I thought about Hermione, Ron, and I being able to just live our lives together, instead of trying to save the world. I could finally just live, instead of think over everything.

Draco's POV: I was the happiest person alive right now. I had Harry, and I would never have to leave him again. I started becoming friends with Hermione and Ron, and I felt part of their group. It was weird at first, I never felt included in anything. Then I thought about Crabbe and Goyle. Sure we knew each other for literally forever, but what we had wasn't always friendship. They just wanted to know me for power. And then they tried to kill Harry and I. But I forgot about it, it still sort of hurt, hearing them screaming as they fell into the flames. I focused back on the new memories I would be making. I was moving forward, for the first time in my life, I could.

Harry's POV: Due to everything that happened yesterday, all of the finals were cancelled, and classes weren't in session for at least a week. Everyone needed a few days to cope with losses, and I needed that as well. I woke up to Draco snoring. I laughed and smiled at him in a soft tone. "I'm a lucky man," I whispered to myself. I got tired of him snoring after a while, so I smacked him with a pillow. "Really, Potter?" "Hey, you wanted me back. I know you missed me annoying you." "I suppose." He smiled at me.

I still loved his smile. "Have I ever told you I love your smile?" He blushed and looked down. "You've gone soft, Harry. Not that I haven't though," he said looking back up at me. I moved my fingers through his hair, pushing it off of his face. Draco all of a sudden jumped out of bed and ran to the closet. He brought out his guitar. "Let's write something together. I want you to help me." I nodded happily. I didn't even know if I could sing. He started playing chords and we came up with lyrics. He started to sing, and he told me to join him.

Draco's POV: Harry Potter had a voice. He could sing. That's all we did the whole day, just sit there playing music, talking, and enjoying one another's company. 

Harry's POV: It was probably the whole day that we spent alone in our room together, just talking and writing songs. We didn't want to eat, but we went down for dinner to join everyone. I got asked a lot about Draco, and I could see him getting pounded with questions as well. I just told the truth, we were together, and he was my boyfriend. I liked saying that, I felt a rush of butterflies in my stomach when I did. 

Of course people were shocked, we acted like we hated each other for years, but they were still happy for us. Draco started talking to more of the Gryffindors, and I enjoyed it. He did too, I could tell. Professor McGonagall was the headmistress now. But then I thought about Dumbledore, and Snape. I'd never forget them.. especially Snape. He tortured me all these years, but I knew the truth now. Before he died, he told me to grab his tears. And they showed me his memories. My mother, my father, Voldemort, everything. I admired him now, just like I always did Dumbledore. 

I saw Draco run over to me, and asked if we could go. I nodded and said goodbye to my friends. We walked around holding hands now, I liked how comfortable he was with me. "Where are we going?" "Our spot. It hasn't been used in over a year." We secretly walked over there, still no one knew about it. We cleaned it up together, joking around with one another while we did. He pulled me over to him at one point by my waist. Music suddenly started to play. 

"You brought music up?" "Course, I'm a romantic. I guess there's still a lot more you don't know about me, Harry James Potter," he said with a smile. "And you call me the dork." He laughed, while he was still holding me by the waist. "I can't dance. You should know that." "Well, then you have a good teacher, then." Draco bowed down and held out his hand. "Shall we?" I couldn't believe him. We had candles set up, and everything felt perfect. I grabbed his hand after I bowed myself, and we started dancing. I kept stepping on his toes, but he didn't seem to care. 

We were just laughing the whole time until we slowed it down a bit. He was holding me closer to him now. Our foreheads were touching, and we just stayed like that, slowly moving to the music. "You know, Potter.. I was wondering.." Now I looked up at him. "Will you marry me?"