Chapter 14 - Save

(Y/N)'s POV
When I took the soul into my hands, I absorbed it. I had no intention in doing so but it happened on its own like the soul had a mind of its own. My stats changed, I had 20 HP now, and I was filled with determination, to say the least. Thank you, Frisk, and I'm so sorry for dragging you into this mess. I looked over to Ink, "Was this what you wanted to show me?" He nods, "Thank you... but nothing can bring them back."

"... I know, (Y/N)... would you like some space?" I nod, "If you need anything, just call for me."

And like that, he teleported away. This is what was left; Frisk's soul. Now, there really is nothing here. Why did everyone and everything here have to be dragged into this mess? They didn't deserve any of this. Stars, how did it all come to this? There's nothing I can do, absolutely nothing! They're never going to come back. All I can do is cry, drown myself in my tears, knowing that I destroyed everyone's life and future.

How pathetic am I? How did I even let this happen? I should've known better! But, I didn't. I caused this whole mess and this is the consequence I have to face for it. But I will do anything in my power, or at least, whatever I have left, to stop Error. He has ruined my life and everyone that was once in my universe.

While I was fussing with my thoughts, I felt something tug on my jacket. I turned to see a monochromatic child which spooked me, "W-Who are you...?!" I stepped away.

"Sorry to scare you, (Y/N). I am Core Frisk..."

I hesitated, "What do you want from me...?"

"I do not want anything from you... but I can see that your universe was destroyed."

I nod, "Who told you...?!"

"I know many things, though I apologize for not stepping in sooner..."

I cleared my throat, "I see..."

"Don't you think being here is quite lonely?" I nod, "Error will find you eventually, don't you think?" I shrugged, "Would you like to get your powers back?" I looked at them, "Follow me." They took my hand and we teleported into another alternate universe. Dreamtale. "This is Dreamtale, feel free to look around but make sure to find Dream and his brother when you get the chance." I nodded and they left.

That was a strange encounter. I've never seen an alternate version of Frisk until now. But that's beside the point, Dreamtale is so beautiful. I've never got to see Dream's universe, I wish I did sooner. I walked around the village and made it to a tree, where there were two different types of fruit growing on it; golden apples and dark apples. Then, there I saw Dream resting beside another... Sans? The other Sans looked similar to Dream but his clothing was in a slightly different style and had darker colors as well as a moon crescent headpiece. Maybe that's his brother. I thought each alternate universe had one Sans but I mean, it's an alternate universe.

I walked forward to them, "Hello..." I said hesitantly.

Nightmare's POV
It was another peaceful day, Dream fell asleep while we were admiring the village. I didn't want to bother him so I stayed put while he rested on my shoulder. Then when I looked up, I saw this girl walking up to us, she had a red scarf around her neck, wore a white shirt, jeans, a blue jacket, and pink slippers. Is she a Sans? She dresses like Classic Sans for sure. But there's something off with her, I can feel so much negative energy coming from her, sadness, anger, hopelessness, all of that. She stood in front of me and greeted me, "Hello..."

"Oh, hello...! Are you new here?" She nodded, "I'm Nightmare."

She sat down, "Name's (Y/N)... tell me a bit about this place and a bit about yourself."

I started; a long, long time ago, when the formation of this universe was on its primary stage, we had knowledge about the existence of the three vital trees for the life of every being in any universe; the tree of life, mana, and feelings. They were vital for the existence of the multiverse, and each one was in a different universe, protected by their own guardian. This is where the tree of feelings lives. The fruits were apples, half black and half golden. The black ones hold the negative feelings: hatred, resentment, fear, depression, wrath, etc...; while the golden ones held the positive feelings: happiness, hope, gratitude, enthusiasm, faith, piety, etc.... Without this tree, no being could feel anything, everyone would be like zombies without any kind of emotion inside of them, this is why the tree is so important and sacred.

However, there were some who obtained more negative feelings than what they should've gotten, and their intentions were to damage the tree in order to obtain the golden apples. They had power and confidence to do any kind of job without taking any failing risks. One of these bad people was able to injury the guardian of this tree, whose life was connected to the tree itself, meaning, if she died then the tree would die with her. She was able to kill the aggressor but she felt repulsed towards the mortal being. Her only choice was to fuse with the tree so she could save the life of it.

She decided to use the magic of the tree to bring all of the positive and negative energies that she could to create these lives. Two lights being made with pure positive and negative energy. She gifted them two human bodies so that they could take them. But the energies were so big that the human body couldn't comprehend it. So the guardian had to think fast and fuse into the tree as quickly as possible. She searched through the universe to find some vessels and she did, she went into a universe called Underswap and copied the form of a small skeleton. Those balls of energy were able to fuse into the new vessels. So, that's how Dream and I were brought here, and our mother is fused with the tree.

"Oh stars, it must take a lot of responsibility to take care of this tree..." I nodded, "I'll be ROOTing for ya." She snickered.

I giggled, "So, what brings you to Dreamtale?"

"Can you wake up Dream? I don't wanna explain it again when he wakes up." I nudged Dream a few times and he woke up, "Alright so-"

She was cut off by Dream hugging her, "(Y/N)! Stars, it felt like ages since I last saw you!"

"But you saw me a few days ago..."

He giggles, "I know...! What are you doing in Dreamtale?"

"And that's where I explain myself," She cleared her throat, "Error destroyed my universe, everyone and everything there except me because according to him, I'm a threat. I have no idea what Error did but I can't use my powers for some reason. Like, I can't teleport, use my attacks, or even summon portals. Then I met Core Frisk and they told me that you guys could help me."

I nodded, "That explains a lot now, I could sense your negative energy the moment I saw you..."

"Well, we can help you with that in no time!"