You're just not my type

You trudge down the stairs: feet hitting each step heavily, hand fiddling subconsciously with the hem inside your pocket.

"Y/n,"a loud, confident voice calls, " me and you, 8 o clock tonight, what'd you say?"

You spin on your heel, eyes already rolling, and glare at Tony. "I'm good thanks."

"What? Why not?" He asks, sounding genuinely surprised. A coy smile spreads across your face and you send a wink his way.

"You're just not my type."

-

The next morning you are awakened by a rude ray of sunlight slipping through your not-quite-closed curtains. Groaning loudly, you roll over and bury your face in the pillow. Your hand flops over and lands painfully on a small piece of paper laying on your bedside table. Intrigued, you roll back over and read the note, smirk growing as you do.

Dear y/n

Would you go on a date with me?

Clint

You laugh as you finish reading the note, leaving it discarded on the mattress as you climb out of bed. Quickly, you throw on some clothes and run a brush through your hair a few times in the hope of looking less like a dried off drowned rat.

Hoping you're attempt wasn't worthless, you scribble a quick 'no' on the back and, as an afterthought, stick some tape to the top of the paper.

Picking up the note, you march downstairs to find Clint waiting anxiously. You grin slyly and stalk towards him, slapping the note on his forehead.

"I might've," you say as he reads your response, "if you'd given my name a capital letter."

He rolls his eyes and laughs, despite the disappointment written all over his face.

"Also that was very cliché," you add, "like really cliché, and that's not really my type."

He nods sadly and walks out the room, leaving to commiserate in silence.

***

The next day you find the boys in the living room discussing you. You decide to wait outside and listen to what they have to say.

"Why won't she say yes?" You hear Tony complaining.

"You're not the only one she's turning down" Clint grumbles.

"I don't think it's you," Steve reasons.

"Oh and why not?" Tony quips

"'Cause she turned me down as well"

Tony stares at him incredulously, then bursts out laughing. "You, Steve Rogers, asked out y/n"

"Yep" Steve says shamelessly, "and I've come to the conclusion that it's not us, it's just males in general"

A look of realisation crosses Tony's face. "Of course" he says, dragging out the 'or' sound, "otherwise she would never turn me down"

You role your eyes and walk away, wondering how they could be so oblivious. It had only taken 2 years of flirting with Nat for them to figure it out.

***  

The day after that, you walk into the kitchen to find Sam sitting at the table, seemingly waiting for you.

"So, what's all this talk about you turning down guys?" he asks, leaning forward and smirking suggestively.

"No" you say, already knowing where this is headed.

"No?! I haven't even asked yet."

"Well im giving you your answer. No."

He gives in. "Why not?"

"You're just not my type," you smile.

"Oh?" he asks, "and what is?"

You grunt. "Anything thats not male."

A look of realisation crosses his face. "Let me guess, specifically red headed, green eyed non-males."

You smirk. "Quite right." 

"Oh, speak of the devil," Sam calls, and you hear footsteps approaching behind you.

"You were talking about me?" comes Natasha's soft voice.

"No," You smirk, "you're just the devil." You turn around to face her and grin at the glare she gives you. You faintly hear Sam leaving and silently thank him.

"Oh, I've been meaning to ask you something" Nat says, electing to ignore your comment.

"Shoot," you reply.

"Why do you keep turning down all the guys? I just don't get it."

You smile and repeat a very familiar phrase. "They're just not my type"

She nods. "Ok, So What is your type then?"

"Why?"

"Because, I'm gonna find you a man that you'll actually like."

"Doubt it," you mumble.

She carries on, either missing your input or ignoring it. "And once I know what your type is, I can find you the perfect person."

You smile again and mumble "won't have to look very far." 

"Ok" you say louder. "Female, for a start."

She nods at that, unsurprised, and turns to walk out. Your not quite finished yet though.

"Red headed" she whips around.

"Green eyed." She takes a step closer.

"Overall just perfect" she takes another step and now you two are so close that your noses are almost touching.

"There's one more thing" you pretend to think. "Oh yeah" you say. "Goes by the name Natasha Romanoff" she steps impossibly closer, still without touching you.

"Think you can find me one of them?" You whisper.

She stares at you for a long moment then gently leans in and places her lips on yours, hands coming up to cup your face. You wrap your arms around her waist and pull her closer, kissing back firmly. 

She chuckles breathlessly when you pull back. "Hey y/n, want to get some coffee?"

"Yeah, I think you're my type."

A/n

So the first one, how is it? I hope it's ok.

Thanks for reading

Proofread edit: stan loona