Chapter Three

Fifth hour zoomed by, and sixth hour lagged by. I thought I was going to fall asleep in my history class as Mr. Riggs drowned on and on about World War I, I had no clue why I waited until senior year to take my last required history class.

I stared at the clock, waiting for it to move faster. "Mr. Anderson?” I jumped and looked at Mr. Riggs. I'm sure my face was blank, he smiled. "The answer Mr. Anderson?”

World War I... what was important during that war? Wasn't that the war that took us years to even join? Ugh, history! "I don't know Mr. Riggs," I admitted and he chuckled softly.

"Pay attention," I nodded my head with pink cheeks and tried to focus on his words, but my brain was jumbled, who the hell did Brenda think she was trying to force her way into my life? If she told Alec I like him I would die. I would just keel over and die.

The bell rang and I jumped up, sprinting to seventh hour. "Brenda you hoe!” I yelled and the girl grinned at me.

"Cammy!" I blushed and Mr. Berk cleared his throat.

"Cameron is that the proper language to use in class?" He asked and I chuckled.

"No its not, Brenda you prostitute!” I said and she just laughed, wrapping me in a hug.

"I didn't tell him! Gosh, I asked him about life here and then I asked him about you and stuff..." She shrugged and I stilled glared as she let me go.

"Mr. Berk don't look so appalled, she's my cousin!" I said and he laughed, nodding his head. 

"Yeah, I'm his cous... whew..." She trailed off as Mr. Berk walked away. "He’s mighty fine,” I rolled my eyes and sat down in my desk. "Tell me there is an open desk by you,” Brenda whispered softly and I laughed.

"There actually isn't the only open desk is on the other side of... Karl.” His name was like acid on my tongue.

"Whoa, did the queer just say my name?" Karl's voice made ice slide down my back.

"He did, he must be... fantasizing about us again.” Billy said and I slouched in my seat, Brenda noticed and she pursed her lips.

"Hi I'm Brenda," She said, grinning brightly at the two.

"Oh..." Billy cleared his throat and grinned. “Hey.”

Brenda got on her tip toes and set her lips by Billy's ear. He seemed surprised, but it wore off as his eyes narrowed.

Before he could say anything, she brought her knee up. "Ass wipe,” She muttered and then Mr. Berk walked in.

"Really? So Mrs. Gurden said you slapped Gordon and now you kneed Billy in the groin. Do you have anger issues?" He asked his face in a smile.

"A little, I need to be as far away from them as possible." She said and glared at the guy on the floor.

"Why, may I ask?"

"They're homophobic and I don't like guys like that because... well I don't!” She stomped her foot and I had to resist the urge to laugh.

"Mr. Berk, please just make her sit on that side of the room." I nodded my head towards Alec.

"Okay, okay... uh Jeffery would you mind taking the seat on the other side of Karl?" Jeffery shook his head and jumped up, hurrying to his new seat.

Billy was still on the ground. "Oh suck it up Billy, you play football! She's not even that big." Brenda blushed and ran to her seat.

"We'll get you back, faggot.” Karl hissed and helped Billy back into his seat. Billy sent me a death glare, my cheeks flooded with heat.

"Let's just... get class started.” Mr. Berk sighed and then started talking about English and stuff.