Chapter 28

A couple of hours later they were snuggled up close together on Jisoo's couch in a comfortable silence. Jennie felt completely relaxed in the other woman's arms and Jisoo still couldn't quite believe that all this was happening. She stroked Jennie's upper arm tenderly while the raven was playing with the fingers of her free hand.

"I could stay like this forever..." Jennie said softly.

Jisoo smiled and kissed the top of her head then mumbled into her hair.

"Me too."

There was another moment of silence and Jennie was deep in thoughts. She had a lot of things on her mind. Things she had to vent.

"I'm scared about how dad will react when he finds out about this..." she admitted.

"I know..." Jisoo replied not really knowing what else to say.

"He adores Kai you know... He's always been treating him like a son. Since my brother is not around that much he's doing stuff with Kai that he can't do with my brother. Like the fishing trip, Kai didn't even like fishing when we first started dating." Jennie said.

"This will kill him Jisoo..." Jennie said with a lump in her throat.

"Hey..." Jisoo said and tilted the raven's chin up so she could look at her.

"You haven't done anything wrong... You shouldn't feel guilty for any of this, it's not like we planned this..." Jisoo said softly and looked deep into her eyes.

"I know but still... and don't think I regret choosing you cause if there's one thing I'm absolutely certain of it's my feelings for you Jisoo..." Jennie said sincerely.

Jisoo nodded slowly and continued to listen to the raven.

"You have to understand that my life will be a complete chaos for a long time, dad will most likely freak and all my friends..." Jennie trailed off. God what about all my friends?... Suddenly she realized the effect her choice would have on all the people in her life and a slight panic started to rise within her.

Jisoo noticed the changed expression on Jennie's face and though she really believed the raven when she said she didn't regret choosing her, she couldn't help but feel a slight ache in her heart. An ache that only increased when the raven pulled away from her and got up from the couch and left the living room without a word...

Jennie closed the bathroom door behind her and walked over to the sink where she splashed her face with cold water. Turning the tap off she leaned on her arms against the sink and looked up to met her own reflection. Water was trickling down her face and she lifted on hand to wipe some of it off. She took a deep breath as thousands of thoughts were running through her head. Knowing her life would be a complete mess once this thing came out made her more scared than she'd ever been. How would her friends react when they found out about this? That she was leaving her fiance, the man she'd spent seven years of her life with for a woman she'd just met? Listening to her own thoughts she heard how completely crazy it all sounded and she knew without a doubt her friends would think she'd lost her mind. Staring at her own reflection she noticed that tears had started to escape her eyes.

"What am I gonna do?..." she whispered to her reflection.

She thought about yesterday, about having to confront Kai and about how that made her feel. She felt absolutely crushed that she'd hurt him so much but as her thoughts wandered towards Jisoo she instantly was filled with a sense of warmth and without realizing it her lips turned upwards into a small smile. No matter how terrified she felt about everything, what she felt for Jisoo was so strong and though a very small part of her wanted to walk away from the situation just cause that would be the easiest way, there was no way she could do that. She reached for a towel and dried her face. Looking up at her reflection again she decided that she wouldn't let this fear of what everybody else would say and think, ruin a chance of something absolutely wonderful.