the break up

general pov
it was a late sunday night.
mike was pacing around his room,
practicing what he was going to tell
el in a matter of seconds.
mike picked up his walkie talkie and sighed, he knew what he had to do. "el?" he called through the device.
"m-mike?" el responded quickly but surprised.
"el we need to talk." mike said sternly as he had been waiting for this conversation for weeks now.
"about what?" she asked confused as her eyebrows scrunched closely together.
"i think that we should see other people." he spat out as he sat down on his bed.
"w-what does that mean?" she asked even more confused, of course she didn't
know what it meant she was just getting used to the world.
"i mean we should break up. no more kissing or hanging out." he replied, getting frustrated with el's lack of understanding.
el quickly got the message "why?" she said as her eyes welled with tears.
"because, i don't like girls. it would be a waste of time being with you if we stayed together and i was hiding a big secret."
"b-but..." el was trying her hardest to process what he was saying.
"who do you want to be with then?" she asked him as she wiped her tears.
"i want to be with will." he gulped as his palms started to sweat.
"but will is a boy." she said as thoughts
raced in her head.
"and i like boys, el." he said wiping his palms, "j-just please don't tell will, please."
"i won't mike, i promise." el said trying to wrap her head around what was happening.
"i'm glad you understand el, goodbye." mike said fast, and before el could even say bye.
el started to sob as she laid down on her bed, she couldn't believe that mike just
left her. she thought of all the fun and happy times they had together.
what if he was lying the whole time? el thought to herself, no he wouldn't lie. he's mike. she grabbed her walkie talkie and wiped the tears that surfaced her red cheeks. she called max in a hurry.
max was listening to music as she heard a faint "m-max..." from her walkie talkie.
"el? el?? what's wrong? are you alright?" max questioned her as she responded to el's desperate call.
"mike just broke up with me." she sniffled as she almost broke down again.
"that little bitch." max said under her breath,
"do you want me to come over? we could have a sleepover and talk about it more."
el's mood changed as she smiled "yeah that would be nice."
"i'll be over in 30 minutes, hang tight." max said through the static filled walkie talkie.