11: Emergency

You don't know her.

You don't deserve her.

You'll just end up hurting each other.

"Hyung, hyung!" I opened my eyes, Hobi shaking me. "Time to eat. Manager brought us lunch."

I fell asleep on the couch in our break room. I can't sleep well last night thinking about what her little brother, Afriel had told me.

I need to decide.

I need to tell her about my feelings, or I will regret this forever.

But if I do, things might not go well, and maybe... We'll end up hurting each other.

I don't deserve her, I truly don't.

"Hyung, you're not eating," Taehyung noticed.

"I'm not hungry."

"Are you thinking about her?" Jungkook asked.

"You should invite her again hyung," Namjoon suggested while eating.

Why do I feel like he wants to see her, because he likes her?

"Yes hyung! Invite her again," Jimin exclaimed.

My phone suddenly rang, it's an unknown number calling me.

I looked at the screen for a few seconds, debating whether to answer or not.

The boys looking at me and my ringing phone, like waiting for me to answer.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Is this Yoongi-ssi?" A middle-aged lady asked.

"Uhh yes? Why?"

"This is Seoul's University Hospital. We have a patient here named Jophiel. She said the only number she knows is yours."

"Wha...what?"

"She's injured. She can't walk well."

"Okay I'll go there thanks," I immediately ended the call and sprinted my way outside.

"Hyung where are you going! We still have a meeting left," Hobi shouted.

I stopped on the doorway, "Sorry this is an emergency. Just tell me about the meeting later."

-

I asked the woman in the front desk if there's someone here named Jophiel, and she gestured me to the emergency room.

I've been receiving weird stares from people as I walk, because I'm wearing my usual mask and snapback hat. Maybe they're suspicious of me.

I saw Sophie lying on one of the hospital beds, she's staring at the ceiling.

"Hey," I sat on her bed beside her, because there's no other chair. "How are you? What happened?"

Her right foot was wrapped in a bandage, with an injury that looks painful.

Her eyes shifted on me, "I'm sorry Yoongi."

"Huh? Why? Why are you sorry?"

"Sorry to call you in the middle of the day, I know you're busy."

"Ahh no worries."

You know you can call me whenever, right? I'll always be there for you.

"I can't call my brother. I'm too weak."

I'm confused, "I thought you don't have any phone numbers beside mine?"

"I have other ways," she just smiled.

What does she means by that?

"I'll take you home."

"No!" She grabbed my forearm, "Please don't take me home."

"Wha....why not?"

"Just..." She stared at my eyes for a long time, "Please don't."

And of course, how can I say no?

"Okay, I'll bring you to the dorm."

-

"What happened to you?" I asked as I hold her waist to assist her to sit on our sofa in the living room.

"I.... I fell down the stairs."

"Ohhh..." I shook my head, "That's bad. Be careful next time."

"Thanks Yoongi," she smiled softly.

"You're welcome," I returned the smile. Both of us staring into each other's eyes.

My eyes goes down on her lips, it is color pink and it looks soft.

So what if it's pink Yoongi? And if it's soft?

You dirty minded boy.

I shook that thoughts away, "Ahh it's almost dinner time. Are you hungry? Let me get something for you."

I immediately went to the kitchen to escape that awkward situation. Or I might do something I shouldn't.

I found some ramen and heated it on the microwave.

I found her looking at the pile of magazines on our coffee table. "It's you, and the boys," she pointed on the covers.

"Uhh yeah. We are like.... a boy group? An idol group."

"Interesting," her eyes glistening. "So what's the name of your group?"

"BTS? Bangtan Sonyeondan?" I said as if I'm asking if she heard it before.

"So what does it mean?"

"Bulletproof... boy scouts," it's the first time again that I felt embarrassed by our name. I really didn't like it even from the beginning.

"You're strengthening the youth by your songs, I like that." Her eyes sparkling.

"How do you know?"

She pointed at the magazine, as if she's saying 'duh it's all over the magazine.'

"Please continue to spread the message of love through your songs. People nowadays need it."

And for the first time again in like forever, I felt proud by doing the things I love.