3

^Kennedy

also, I may have written something about a "doctorate" or whatever the hell in one of the previous chapters, but I just forgot it's PhD in English sorry ha ;)

anyways I hope you enjoy this late chapter!

_____________________

My eyes are heavy. I'm starting to find this hard wooden chair comfy enough to sleep. That says something about the lecture, knowing that the seats are as soft and inviting as a rock.

The lecture is very boring.

When I'm finally about to doze off, I'm awoken from my almost nap by my phone.

The device buzzes in my pocket, and I unlock it, seing a new message from Kyle, that reads:

"The new lecturer is soooo hot"

He told me this Monday morning before we parted ways, that he would have a new lecturer, and I really didn't make anything of that. I just wished him to have a good morning when we parted ways, since we see each other everyday at lunch time.

Kyle studies psychology, meaning we don't have the same classes here in College. I'm already having a hard time figuring out my own problems, I can't even imagine studying to figure out other people's. But Kyle has been good at dealing with me, and I don't doubt that he'll make a great therapist.

And now, thinking of therapy, I can't help my mind from wandering around to a certain person that occupied most of my thoughts this weekend. I shake my head, as if it would dismiss my thoughts, and proceed to type in a quick message, too lazy to say something else:

"I thought u were gay"

He answers in a matter of seconds.

"I'm gay, not blind. Plus she has a PhD but she looks soo young. that's hot af. you'd totally drool over her."

I simply laugh at that, putting my phone away. I don't even bother telling him I'm not into women. What's the point, when he doesn't believe me? Saying all this shit about sexuality being a spectrum, and explaining to me that being in the closet is why I'm still alone and sad. Kyle tells me that I'm very pretty, naturally pretty, well according to him. I tend to not be able to agree with him when I see my reflection in the mirror every morning, but what do I know? I have brown curly hair, reddish in the sun, and caramel skin. The only physically interesting thing about me would be my hazel eyes, contrasting with my skin, and Kyle often says that I don't realize how good I look. I'm not being falsely modest, I just don't care a lot about my looks. I don't put any extra effort in the way I do my make up or even dress, and Kyle is responsible for every article of clothing that finds its way into my closet.

I look at my watch, checking the time. Only ten minutes before we meet for lunch. I don't have many friends in my classes. I study biology, and I never tried to have any friends in this lecture, or even acquaintances in general.

Some tried, of course, particularly a tall black guy, named Troy, who talked to me the very first day of class. He's nice, and handsome, I guess, but I can't help but thinking he wants to be more than friends. Anyways, I already have one friend, and it's more than enough.

The lecturer starts to put away his computer, dismissing the class. I just have time to get up before I hear a familiar deep voice, too close to my left ear for my comfort.

"Hey, Kennedy. Wanna grab some lunch?"

I don't even bother smiling, and stand up facing the tall guy, admiring against my will his perfect white teeth contrasting with his skin color.