Twists And Turns

Doctor: Mr. Malhotra, aap mein se Nandini ka family member kaun hai?

Mukti: Mein... I am her sister-in-law!

Alya and Dhruv looked at Mukti, all confused. She looked at them in guilt and nodded and went to the doctor's cabin.

Alya: Cabir, what's all this?

Before Cabir could answer, they heard Chachi and Chacha.

Chachi: Manik beta, yeh sab kaise hua?

Manik: Mukti andar gayi hai... Pataa lagane!

Dhruv: (whisper) Maa?

It was audible to Cabir who was right beside Dhruv. He looked at Dhruv, shocked. Dhruv took out his wallet and showed a picture of a lady and young Dhruv. The lady was the younger version of Chachi. 

Cabir: (smiling) Arre aunty, Nandu ekdum thik ho jaayegi... After all, she has her Dhruv Vedant bhai!

Chachi: Dhruv Vedant? 

Chacha: Yeh humaare bete ka naam hai... Tumhe kaise pata?

Manik's head shot up and Alya was confused. 

Manik: Buddy... Chacha and Chachi are your parents?

Dhruv nodded.

Dhruv: (crying) Mumma... Appa... (he hugs Chachi and she breaks down) I m..missed y..you!

Chacha: Dhruv beta? Kidhar thha tu? 

Dhruv: (hugging his dad) Appa!

'The depth of the love of parents for their children cannot be measured. It is like no other relationship. It exceeds concern for life itself. The love of a parent for a child is continuous and transcends heartbreak and disappointment.' - James E. Faust

Mukti comes out by then.

Manik: Mukti, Nandini thik hai na?

Mukti: Uh... I... Manik... um... She's on her 'those days' of the month and because of skipping breakfast this morning, she fell weak. Dr. Alisha told me to consult a gynecologist to check whether everything is fine.

All sighed in relief. 

Dhruv: Thankfully, she's fine...

Manik: I'll go and meet her...

Mukti nodded and Manik goes inside the room. Alya drags Mukti to the corner and folds her hands.

Alya: Will you care to explain, Mukti Vardhan? Sister-in-law?

Mukti: Alya, I am so sorry babe. I had to hide it from you...

Cabir: She's engaged to Abhimanyu Thakkar.

DhruLya: WHAT?

Mukti: And, not only that but Manik and Nandini are a married couple...

Dhruv: Married?!

Alya: I am gonna fall...

Dhruv: Anyways, hum dono ne bhi kuch chhupaya hai tum dono se.

Alya: We both are dating for the past 6 months!

Cabir: Mukti, my 2000 rupees...

Mukti: (annoyed) De rahi hoon...

Dhruv: 2000 rupees kis liye?

Mukti: Humaare Cabir baba ne shart lagaayi thhi 5 mahine pehle that you both are dating.