10

Time passed, summer turning into spring, autumn turning into winter.

Eunbi stopped paying her neighbours to help take care of the barn, because everyone loved seeing each other so much they came down every day to help out. Most of the time, they slept over in the cabin.

Over two weeks, it was almost like twelve of them lived there.

They'd dusted the cobweb-covered cabinets and cupboards, and filled them with clothes brought back from the city. Eunbi and Hyewon brought new bedsheets and colourful throw pillows for their sleeping cabin. It gave a very cozy feel.

They'd celebrated Nako's and Yuri's eighteenth birthdays and Hyewon and Eunbi's anniversary.

They'd watched and cheered as Yena confessed her love for Yuri (although it wasn't surprising. The only person who didn't know about Yena's crush on Yuri was Yuri herself).

So, long story short, they were family.

"Hey, know what?" Yena said over breakfast (omelettes and cold coffee for them, a raw leg of chicken for Sakura), "it's been a few months since Kkura came here."

Sakura put down her chicken leg. "Really? Feels like so much shorter."

"I can't imagine life without her now," Nako said, chewing.

"Uhm, I wanna say something," Chaeyeon interrupted. She fiddled with her mug. Sakura started sweating.

"Me and Kkura-"

"Are dating?" Chaewon finished. Sakura nodded shyly.

"We been knew," Eunbi said, shovelling egg into her mouth.

They all knew it long before this breakfast, but Yujin still whooped and cheered. Yuri grinned and Yena laughed, rubbing a smidge of ketchup onto Chaeyeon's cheek with her thumb.

"I have something else to confess," Chaeyeon said. "I'm having kids."

Everyone went silent.

"It's four of you, you have to call me mom now," Chaeyeon laughed, pointing at Nako, Yuri, Yujin, and Wonyoung. They chortled and Wonyoung almost choked on her coffee.

"Well... it's 6:23AM now," Hyewon said, standing up and straightening her tie. "Sakura-ya, let's go."

Hyewon and Sakura had decided to stay over from Saturday night to Monday, because if they left at 6:30AM on Monday morning, they'd reach school right before the gates closed.

"See you later!" Sakura called out as they walked out of the main doors.

...

Hyewon hummed to the radio as she drove, while Sakura scrolled down Instagram and watched the light early-winter snowflake shower against the window. Yuri had posted something.