Ch20 Letters

Ever since 'Daughter of Evil' had been published, Konoha Publisher had received dozens of fan mails every following day. Boxes after boxes of fan mails crowded the office. Without knowing the identity of Nakamura Tenzoi, Higa Seito couldn't rid these mails by sending them to the man. So he could only keep them, waiting for the day the hidden messages were published so he could find out the man's identity and dump these mails onto him.

When Seito arrived at the office today, he, as usual, was expecting another mountain of mails decorating his floor (especially since today was the day the Evil series ended). But when he opened the door, instead of stepping onto an envelope, he was met with an absolutely spotless floor.

"Jun! Did you throw away the mails!?" Seito opened the door and yelled to his assistant, Jun, a clumsy-looking young man.

"No..." Jun flinched slightly at the accusing tone. "They were gone when I arrived."

"Strange..." Seito pulled his head back in and shut the door. Jun was always the first to arrive. If he hadn't seen the mails, then what could've happened to them? Seito decided to file away the strangeness of the disappearance for now.

-Nakamura Tenzoi's Residence aka Uchiha compound-

On the floor of the tatami, one side was a mountain of unopened fan mails, on the other side were opened envelopes and thrown-away letters.

"Why do we have to look through all of these?" One of the Naruto clones groaned, "why can't the boss do it?"

"This is what clones are for," one of the Sasuke clones replied.

"Why do we even need to read these?" Another Naruto clone complained. "It's not like we can get anything out of reading letters."

"These letters are filled with the fans' passion towards our work. They spent time and effort writing these, wanting us to know of their thoughts about our work. So in return, it's proper etiquette to read every single one and write back to them," the same Sasuke clone explained. "Respect the fans, and they'll respect you. A celebrity who doesn't respect his fans is a failure and doesn't deserve the fans' respects."

"That's a very wise thinking coming from you," the Naruto clone said, surprised.

"Well, I've seen many celebrities fall to their doom because they don't respect their fans. So, as time past, their fans lost their passion for the celebrities, and thus, the bond between them broke, and a celebrity without fans can't be called a celebrity at all. I, personally, don't want to experience through that," the Sasuke clone suddenly shuddered. "Fans can be scary when they wanted to be, you know."

All the other Sasuke clones shuddered in sync. The Naruto clone smirked.

"Oh yes, of course you would know."

Silence slowly drawn upon them as they went back to their task on hand. Until a Naruto clone chuckled as he read a fan letter.

"What's so funny?"

"Let me see it!"

All the other clones gathered around him and peaked at the page. It was a letter from Sakura.

Dear Nakamura Tenzoi,

My name is Haruno Sakura, and I'm a twelve years old genin. I want to thank you for giving the Evil series a happy ending. Though I don't like Rin when I first read about her, when I read about her regretting her actions and desperately wanting Len back in 'Regret Message', I began changing my views of her and liking her a bit. She and Len truly deserve to be together after all the hell they've been through. I feel happy for them.

I also want to thank you for writing the Evil series. Ever since I began reading your poem, I realized how dull my life had been. I was always a fangirl of Uchiha Sasuke (I'm sure you know who he is, since he's pretty popular. And on a side note, he's also my teammate, along with Uzumaki Naruto). I had given up my friendship with my first friend, Yamanaka Ino, for Sasuke. My life until then had revolved around him. My original reason for becoming a ninja (to protect my family) had been forgotten and subconsciously turned into to get closer to Sasuke.

But your poems made me realize that the 'love' I had been feeling was nothing in comparison to Len's love towards Rin. He loves Rin, so no matter how awful her personality was, he would do anything she requested, as far as to kill his crush, and would even die for her. I realized that my 'love' towards Sasuke was nothing more than a school girl crush. What do I like about him? When I calmed down and truly thought about this, I realized that the only thing I liked was his look, and perhaps him being the rookie of the year. I don't want to spend my life liking a boy who doesn't even like me back.

After I realized all this, I had successfully became friend with Ino once again (and even made her like your poems!). My life became 'full', in a sense. I'm not sure how to describe this feeling, but it was as if light had shone through my darkness. Your poems made me see this world in a new light.

Thank you, Nakamura Tenzoi, for your poems, and for changing my life.

-Haruno Sakura

PS: What does the "Pride" that you'd put at the end of 'Rebirthday' mean?

"If I'd known Sakura would stop fangirling over me this easily, I would've done this a long time ago," a Sasuke clone grunted.

"But she's now fangirling over Nakamura Tenzoi," a Naruto clone grinned, "and that's also you."

All the Sasuke clones groaned in sync.

"Anyway, continue our work," the Sasuke clone picked up Sakura's letter and took out a blank sheet of paper. "I'll do the reply."

When Sakura returned home after her first mission as a genin, she nearly died of shock when she saw an envelope sitting on her desk, with the name of her favorite poet written on it. She dived into her room and took out an envelope cutter, carefully cutting the paper open. Tearing out the paper, Sakura began reading it with excitement.

Dear Haruno Sakura,

Thank you for writing to me. I'm glad that my poems can create such a positive change in your life. I love hearing from my lovely readers, so feel free to write to me about anything anytime.

It's good that now you aren't letting Uchiha Sasuke blind your eyes, but, you know, liking someone who doesn't like you back isn't necessarily a bad thing. It's using the wrong method to express your love that's the bad thing. Other than love at first sight, no one falls in love with another person immediately. Love requires time and patience. If you truly like a someone, you should try your hardest to make him like you back. Fangirling over your crush will not help you win his heart; instead, you should try to understand him, truly understand him. Know his dream and support him. Stand by him. Let him know that he can depend on you.

In my opinion, Uchiha Sasuke is most likely a very independent and ambitious boy. Knowing his past, I reckon he wouldn't like a girl who only squeals and asks him out on dates; instead, he would like a girl who wouldn't hold him back, can give him her support, and help him achieve his dream. If his wish came true because of your help, don't you think it's reasonable that he would fall for you?

Therefore, if you like someone, I encourage you to try winning his heart. It's alright to spend time and effort on chasing after a boy, but make sure that your actions are also beneficial for yourself.

Lastly, "Pride" is a theme of the Evil series. I will also be writing six more poems like this in which each deals with a different theme. I'll give you a little hint: my next poem will be based on "Sloth."

Again, feel free to write to me about anything anytime. I love interacting with my lovely readers ~❤

-Nakamura Tenzoi

PS: Here's a little magic trick: to send a letter directly to me (instead of to the Publisher), simply hold the letter at your eye level and say "I want to send this letter to Nakamura Tenzoi."