[23]

A/N: you guys can play the song I linked above when I tell y'all! It'll add drama to the scene. 🤣

- - -

Peter's POV

I keep searching the room for Amara, hoping I'd catch a glance.

"Why do you keep looking around the room like that? Who are you waiting for?" Sarah asks.

"Uh, I invited some new friends and I'm hoping they show up." I say.

"Oh, I'd love to meet them too!" Sarah grins. "They're coming on the perfect day too! We're announcing us today, aren't we?"

I swallow the bitterness that suddenly rises up my throat. I give her a small smile as she squeezes my arm.

That's when it happens, the doors open and I knew right away who was walking in.

The second Amara walks in, I was mesmerized to the point where I freeze at my spot. All the sounds in the background disappear and all I hear is my own quickened heart beat.

The red gown trails behind her as she tries to hide behind Dina to divert the attention from her. But all eyes are on them, on her, because she looks absolutely breathtaking. She looks like royalty.

Red is definitely her colour, I smirk.

But that smirk disappears as quickly as it appears because tonight, I'll be breaking her to pieces.

"Are those your new friends?" Sarah's eyes widen.

I nod. I couldn't form words because I was still drooling over Amara.

"Oh my! What gorgeous ladies! Lets go say hi!" Sarah pulls me by my arm.

"Wait-"

But she wouldn't listen. We were already walking towards them.

• • •

Amara's POV

"Peter! You made it." Beena says while clearly trying not to grit her teeth. "Who might this lovely lady at your arm be?"

"This is Sarah, Peter's soon-to-be fiancé!" Mrs. Bilal says excitedly.

That was the last bullet needed to shatter me. I grab a handful of the gown's fabric, squeezing it in my hands only to remember this costs over $4,000 so I let go.

"This is Dina, Zoya, Beena, and Amara." Mrs. Bilal introduces us to Sarah.

Dina quickly wraps her arm around mine. "Oh, its very nice to meet you, Sarah."

"It's very nice to meet you too. You guys look so pretty!" She grins, my making my heart hurt even more.

She seems like a super sweet person.

I can feel the gaze of the boys on me so I turn to look at Rooble, who was the closest and he's looking at me with just as much of confusion as I am in. There's a hint of pity in his eyes for me too.

I guess that's expected, right? Because right now, I'm definitely pitying myself too.

"Fiancée?" Daamir's voice is full of too much shock.

"Uh... when did this happen?" Munir asks.

"They have been talking about getting married to each other since childhood. We thought we should finally let it happen, now that they're ready." Mr. Bilal smiles proudly at the couple.