Chapter Eighteen-"It's the best of both worlds to quote Hannah Montana"

~Dedicated to dirty truth or dares that lead to times you'll always remember~

Chapter Eighteen-"It's the best of both worlds to quote Hannah Montana"

I always imagined Paris to be the romantic city; you know the type of place you went to with your true love and had that fireworks-head-over-heels experience. I was sort of hoping to have that with Dave in Paris seeing as how he was going to leave in a few days back to Redwood. Don’t get me wrong, I was no expert in relationships, I still worried about me kissing Dave and wondering if my breath was bad. I still thought about whether I looked like a dork or not and if Dave would ever realise that I wasn’t worth his time but the way he was acting right about now was more like a great best friend instead of a boyfriend.

We were at the Eiffel Tower and it was midday. The Eiffel Tower I had to admit was even more impressive that I thought it would be. Tall and breathtakingly beautiful, it was something out of a fairy tale. I had always wished that one day I would visit and now I was here, standing right at the top while Dave was busy looking out of a scope at the people in one of the nearby parks. I sighed and ran a hand through my wavy blonde hair before casting a glance at Dave.

He looked happy enough with a goofy grin on his face as he talked to Jack, a fellow geek except with looks, about something that sounded like people looking like ants from this height. Dave didn’t seem like he wanted to break up with me or that he had lost interest either; he just seemed to be enjoying his time in Paris like I should have been doing from the beginning. Pushing away the thoughts of Dave leaving me for someone prettier, I turned my attention to Juliet who was currently devouring an ice-cream like a starved woman.

I raised an eyebrow, “Hungry much?”

Juliet stuck out her tongue at me, before she replied, “It’s so good! Who knew French ice-cream could be so utterly and unimaginably good?”

“The French,” I asked.

“Ha-ha, very funny,” Juliet responded before she smoothed down her pleated black skirt with her free hand and asked, “So why are you here instead of cuddling up with Davey boy?”

 I cast another look at Dave who was back to staring through the built-in scope before answering, “Look at him Jules.”

“I am and boy is he fine, which brings me to why you’re here when you could be kissing his face off? It’s Paris,” she continued doing a twirl, “the city of love.”

I sighed, “I don’t know…”

Juliet stopped, her green eyes scanning my face for a second before her eyes widened slightly, “This is about Sean right?”

I felt my cheeks heating up slightly before gasping, “What? No! Don’t be ridiculous Jules!”

“Liar, liar pants on fire or in your case panties,” Juliet sang, casting a glance at the short pink dress I wore.

“Jules,” I hissed, “look I don’t like Sean in that way and it has nothing to do with the whole Dave thing.”

Juliet smiled but it was clear that she didn’t believe me, “Viv, I know you better than you do and I mean, I support your crazy ideas and geeky habits but honey you have it bad.”

“Bad what,” I asked in confusion.

“Bad for both boys,” Juliet replied, biting into her cone.

“I do not!” I retorted trying to sound convincing but failed tragically.

Juliet grinned at me before turning me to face Dave as she spoke, “Look at it this way Viv, you can Davey here in France, you know the good boy who does it all right and then,” she spun me again to look at Sean who was talking to Chris about something, “you can have Sean in Venice. It’s the best of both worlds to quote Hannah Montana.”