29. Ali-bi

alibi
verb INFORMAL
1.
offer an excuse or defense for (someone), especially by providing an account of their whereabouts at the time of an alleged act.
"her friend agreed to alibi her"

Farrah»

"Let me guess. You ran off with some boy?" My mom asked me over the phone.

"He needs me right now, mom."

"Alright alright. There won't be much food whenever you get back though, don't do anything dumb. Love you."

"Love you too, bye."

Adonis and I had been out walking for almost an hour, I figured I should call my mom to let her know.

"Can I ask you something Farrah?"

"Yeah."

"Is it....okay to tell people you're my girlfriend? I don't want to embarrass you."

"Why would that embarrass me?"

"I don't know...people laugh at me a lot. I don't want you to get laughed at too."

"If they laugh, fuck them."

"Yeah..I don't care about what they say." He chuckled. "....okay I do."

"That's okay, its easy to care. Just remember that no one has anything to do with us, but us. So ignore them."

Adonis»

It had been around two hours of Farrah and I wandering around the dark park. Our conversations spanning vast topics.

By now though, I needed to get home..and so did she.

I called Eden yo get us from the park, in which he annoyedly agreed to.

After waiting for about a half hour, Eden pulled up by the bench Farrah and I were sitting. I noticed there was another guy in the car with him, so Farrah and I climbed in the backseat.

"Aight kids, this my boy Adam. Imma drop Farrah off first, then him, then Don I'll take you home."

"Okay." I shrugged.

-

Within no time, we pulled up in front of Farrah's house.

"I'm sorry today went like this. Tell me if you need something, okay?"

"Okay..."

"Text me when you get home." She said, kissing my cheek and getting out the car.

"Oooohhhh shit. I see you, I see you." Eden laughed, as we pulled off.

"That's your girl?" His friend asked.

"Yeah..."

"Lil nigga low key took her from me. I ain't tripping though." Eden told his friend.

I guess this guy's house was far, because we ended up driving around for pretty long. After almost forty five minutes, I began to doze off.

As I was falling asleep, I heard quiet talking between Eden and his friend.

I felt the car stop, indicating we had finally arrived to this guys house.

My eyes opened slightly, observing the two, who were speaking quietly.

"I had fun today." The guy chuckled.

"Yeah, me too. Go on inside, your mom is waiting."

"Do you think she suspects-"

"Shh, Adam damn. My little brother is still in the car."

"Man he been sleep. It's cool." The guy said, leaning closer to Eden.