Chapter- 14

You know, it's quite true when they say 'Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned

You know, it's quite true when they say 'Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.'

This was probably the first time Ace ever felt truly afraid of something, or rather, someone.

He glanced, fearfully, towards Riley and found out that Riley had a blank expression on. Fuck, he thought to himself.

"Hmm.....is that so? Well don't you worry Martha, now that I'm here, a lot of things are about to change. Isn't that right Ace?" Riley said in a saccharine sweet voice.

"Isn't our Luna very calm? You're one lucky man, no Ace?" Martha retorted with a smirk on her face.

Ace gulped.

"Holy moly! I gotta go. I've got piles of work to do and those bunch of lazy youngsters must be slacking off as usual. Gotta keep an eye on them. Have a great day Alpha, Luna." Martha wished and whisked through the backdoor of the kitchen.

It was silent for a few minutes but then Ace realised that he had to break the ice if he wanted to see the sun tomorrow.

"Riley, babe, that was before you came in the picture. I swear, I'm not like that anymore. Heck, since the day I saw you, I've never looked at any girl in such a way, let alone touch her." Ace started rambling without even pausing in between.

Riley started advancing towards Ace in a predatory manner while Ace started staggering backwards until his back came in contact with the glamorous white wall.

Riley stopped just a few inches away from him. She was so close that Ace could see a tiny scar on her forehead, just above her left eyebrow and another one which was running just below her jawline.

Now, that's alluring. Ace thought to himself.

"You better watch your mouth around me, pretty boy. I'm not your babe, comprendé?" Riley barked out in a lethal tone.

"Sí Seńora." Ace swallowed noisily.

Satisfied, Riley backed away. She walked towards the fridge and grabbed a water bottle to help herself.

"So, are you gonna explain to me what am I doing here or will I have to take a guess on my own?" Riley asked.

"You're my mate and the Luna of this pack." Ace replied.

A moment of silence passed between them.

"Aaaand? Is that it? I mean is that the only reason I'm here? I'm just a freaking breeder that will pop out babies for you whenever you want? I fucking refuse to be such a disgraceful thing." Riley snarled out.

"Whoa whoa whoa! Chill out there. I said no such thing. You're not gonna be a fucking breeder, for God's sake. I would never do that to you or to anyone, for that matter." Ace replied, his tone getting softer in the end. He didn't take his eyes off her while telling all this to her. He just couldn't.