nine - a promise broken

So I was babysitting and I took the kid shopping with me (he's almost 3) and I found a Captain America stuffed toy, he found an iron Man one. He chose iron man over Captain America and I was shookth (BUT I LOVE IRON MAN BUT COME ON CAP IS OBVIOUSLY MY FAVORITE BECAUSE I WRITE A DAUGHTER SERIES FFS) and I totally didn't buy the cap one for myself...totally

"But I'm not a kid!" I argued with my dad, they were about to leave to get Ultron.

"You're like nine." Tony butted in.

"Excuse me! I'm fourteen and technically old enough to be your grandmother!" I yelled. "Respect your elders." I crossed my arms.

"Enough." Dad stopped me. "You're a kid, you have no training and you pass out when you use your newfound powers...it's not safe."

"But-"

"No means no, now stay here with Bruce." He put his shield on his back and walked out the quinjet.

"It's okay kid, wanna play uno?" Bruce pulled out the cards.

"Typical."

                               •   •   •

Bruce places down a yellow and I pulled out a reverse card. "Ha uno." I had one card left. He put down a color card and picked blue.

"That was the worst choice ever." I put down the blue card I had. "I win!"

Some commotion was heard over the coms in the speakers. "What's going on?"

We both walked over. "Guys, is this a Code Green?" Bruce asked.

"Or a code Elsa?" I joked. Bruce just looked at me.

"I'm kidding."

"Thor! Status?" Dad asked.

"The girl tried to warp my mind. Take special care, I doubt a human could keep her at bay. Fortunately, I am mighty." He replied and went silent.

"Hazel, there's someone out there." Bruce was looking out.

"I'll handle it, no need for a code green."

"Don't use your powers, you'll pass out."

"I have super strength you know." I rolled my eyes and walked out.

"Hey red queen, what's the stitch?" I stood at the entrance to the quinjet.

"I don't have time for kiddish jokes." She didn't stop walking towards me. She had a strong accent.

"Well I don't have time for you so can fuck right off." I gripped the hand gun that Natasha gave to me in emergencies.

"No." She raised her and and red started circling around my head.

I shut my eyes and reopened them. I wasn't in Wakanda anymore.

I was in my old room. My old old room that was more like a cage.

I took a breath. The window was still open from when I escaped that night.

"Hazel Black." I heard a menacing voice.

"I'm not her anymore." I replied.

"But you are, And will always be." Phillip came out from the shadows.

"You don't have power over me." I gulped and backed up. "I'm stronger now..and you're not real."

He touched my cheek gently. "Then how can I touch you?"

I slapped his hand off and swung my fist.

He caught it. "You have balls now." He laughed and pushed me against the wall. "Young you lacked that."