Chapter 1

"I heard that Zoe saw Zeus yesterday!" Lynda squeals to Chloe, obvious envy filling her voice. Chloe's mouth dropped into a wide 'O' and I mentally groaned. I don't get it. Why were these gods so special?

"No way! Where?!" I drown them out entirely, having sat through thousands of these moments. I pick at the food on my plate, keeping a small smile on my face. I rest my chin against the palm of my hand, keeping my eyes on the table cloth.

What should I do for summer? Maybe I could take a trip and visit my brothers. Or I could just stay here and look for work? Maybe take up something that's parttime and save up?

I put the spaghetti into my mouth, chewing slowly. If I wanted to save up, I shouldn't come to the mall with them, because I always end up spending too much. And I mean, way too much. "What about you, Mia?"

My head snaps up when I hear them say my name. "Uh, yeah, of course." I blurt out, not really knowing what they asked. They give me odd looks.

"Are you feeling ok?" Lynda laughed, taking a bite of her chicken. "Chloe just asked which God was your favorite." She giggles, adding in an extra comment. "I think that Apollo's pretty hot."

"We know." Chloe and I groan at the same time.

"So?" She tilts her head at me. I give her a mischievous grin. "I swear if you say-"

"I think Captain America's pretty cute." I wink, and this time, it's Lynda and Chloe that groan. I hear muffled laughter to the left of me, and I catch sight of possibly the most attractive person I've ever seen. With golden blond hair and a toned body, he drew my breath away. His jawline was razor-sharp, and I could see through the sunglasses that he had on, that his eyes were undoubtedly gold.

He winks at me and gets to his feet, pulling a cap onto his head. I gasp, noticing the Captain America symbol on the front. He gives me a backward wave, and I watch him leave the food court before getting swallowed by the crowd. That was one of the purest encounters with a stranger that I've ever had. I mean, the way that the universe aligned that hat?

I turn back to look at Chloe and Lynda, listening in. My two friends are already chirping away about a god named Ares. "Did you hear though? He ranked number one in Most Wanted Guy for, counting this year, five years straight!"

"He's so hot too... Do you see those biceps?" Chloe shoves her phone into Lynda's face.

"Not even! Do you see these abs!?" Lynda shoves her phone toward Chloe's face.

I let out a laugh.

"You know what, let's have Mia decide. Biceps or abs?!" Chloe and Lynda slide their phones to me, and then resume bickering, leaving me alone to study them. I look at Chloe's phone first, and catch sight of-oh

I think the mysterious stranger from before was dethroned. He was... gorgeous. He was an easy 10/10 in my standards. Everything about him seemed to stop my breath in my throat. Ares had brownish blond hair that was especially stunning in this photo. I couldn't help but notice his high cheekbones and how wickedly sharp his jawline was and- oh my god everything about him was... perfect.

Oh and his eyes. They were an ethereal silver that seemed to glow. He had everything. The looks, the money, and the body. He could ruin so many girls with just a look. I huff and look over to Lynda's phone, hoping to see more photos of him.

But her phone had shut off, and I pressed the power button. Her lock screen was a man... wait a second... no way. It was the man! The man from before!

"Is... Is that Apollo?" I pick up Lynda's phone and show them the screen. Chloe and her both exchange an excited look.

"It is! Why? Oh my god, do you like him too?" She chirped eagerly, her eyes shining.