Friends Don't Lie

You walk into the main room, fully aware of what was coming. Immediately, as you had expected, there was a chorus of 'are you alright?'s.

You frown with fake confusion, "Yeah, why wouldn't I be?"

Tony frowns. "It's just that, you know, the situation with Nat."

You shrug. "Team members always get injured, why would this be any different?"

Tony's frown deepens. "I guess it wouldn't be?" He almost asks.

You weren't ok. It was killing you, not knowing if Nat was ok, but they didn't need to know that. They could continue thinking you didn't care, it suited you fine, just so long as Nat knew you cared. And she did. You told Nat almost everything. The only thing you hid was your love for her.

Telling Nat things was often not by choice. She just looked so hurt when you didn't tell her that you had to tell her. Over the years you had learnt to trust her with your secrets but you still preferred to keep them to yourself. She, of course, didn't allow that.

After an hour of listening to the boys' useless bickering you finally get up and leave. You instinctively start towards Nat's room but then change direction when you remember that she's in the infirmary.

You walk in and erase the look of worry from your face. She sees you and her eyes light up. "Bout time" She says. You roll your eyes and sit next to her. Unsure of what to say, you stay silent.

She notices this and asks "what's wrong?"

You quickly blank your face. "Nothing" you reply a little to quickly.

She raises her eyebrows. "Friends don't lie" she quotes 011 from stranger things (I just need to say that stranger things 3 was soooo sad. The letter scene killed me. I was sobbing.) You smile weakly at the reference.

She pouts when you still don't say anything and your heart snaps in two. You sigh and think about what you would say.

You take a deep breath and decide to just wing it, "I'm just really worried about you because I really, really don't want to lose you. And I can't talk to anyone except you about it but if I spend to much time with you then the boys just take the piss out of me. It normally doesn't bother me but when they mock you I feel like ripping there heads off. It takes every ounce of strength not to do just that."

The entire time you had refused to look at Nat and you did so now. She had an unreadable expression on her face.

You bite your lip, scared you've messed up. "I'm sorry I-"

Your cut off by a pair of lips gently but forcefully pressing against yours. You close your eyes and sink into the kiss. Your arms cup her face, refusing to let her pull away. Her hands looped around your neck loosely.

You pull away and grin. "I'm not sorry" you finish your statement from earlier, slightly changing the ending.

She smiles back at you and leans her head on your shoulder. "You still worried?"

You sigh. "Like ten times more" you say, mock accusingly. "but only about one thing now"

You hear Tony demanding people to pay up. You both just chuckle.

"right that's it I'm gonna rip your head off" You call out loudly. A very unmanly scream can be heard and you get up off the bed, kiss Nat on the head and wink at her, then walk out the door to chase Tony down.

A/n

This is much shorter sorry. I hope you liked it

Also if you have any requests just comment them please.

Thank youuuuu

Byeeeeee