8. What Does He Gain?

•Izuku's pov•

I knew this encounter was bound to come sooner or later. Unintentionally my hands began mess with the end of sweater, it's a force of habit I've always had alongside mumbling, as I built up the courage to talk to the guy about to beat me to a bloody pulp. Slowly, I lifted up my head to meet eyes with my childhood friend, and spoke with all the confidence I could muster.

"G-goodmorning Kacchan"

I quickly averted my gaze back to the floor, my hands now balled up , flush with my sides, bracing for what ever came next. A few seconds of silence between us passed before he scoffed and shoved me to the side"Move it, extra"

I stumbled back into a desk with a surprised expression on my face. 'Huh???' I stared at him in confusion as he walked to his desk.

'He... Didn't go through with it?' I asked myself, not believing what I was seeing. I was so rude to him yesterday... I'm honestly surprised he didn't knock me down when he had the chance.

"Bakugo! It is impolite to shove people, especially the newcomer! I think you owe him an apology."

"Impolite my ass! He's the one who didn't move" the blond barked while plopping down into his seat. I felt a hand land on my shoulder which made me jump a bit "I'm aweful sorry about him... are you okay?"

I turned my head to meet the worried expression of Kirishima. "O-Oh! Yes, I'm okay." I reassured and straightened myself up. And gave him a forced smile "See? It was nothing"

Truth was I felt very stressed. If Bakugo didn't punch me then, does that mean he will later? What if he's planing my funeral right now?? Oh man, I really did screw myself over...

Kirishima examined me for a spilt second before sighing with a nod. "If you say so... Then at least that's good. For a second I really thought he was going to punch you"

I chuckled nervously "You're not the only one"

The redhead smiled and placed his arms behind his head. "Not a bad way to start off the morning, yeah?" He spoke sarcastically and it made me laugh.

Kirishima didn't seem like a bad guy. In truth, he was actually really nice to talk to.

We continued to chat for a small while when he asked me a question. "So why does Bakugo seem to have it out for you?"

The mention of that made me shift uncomfortably and Kirishima noticed the change "If you don't want to tell me, then you don't have to-"

"No no, it's completely alright. It's just been awhile since I've brought it up" He spoke softly. "We were actually childhood friends once... But we kinda sifted apart a year or so before middle school"

"Ooh, that explains it"

Now it was my turn to act curious "What do you mean-"

The classroom door slid open and when I laid eyes on the figure, I swear to the Lord my soul assessed to the great beyond.

"M-mr.... Aizawa?" I stuttered. Why is my boss in a...

"Is that a sleeping bag " my voice shook due to my previous shock. A chorus of 'yes's rang from the indifferent class. And even that had me baffled.

This was a recurring event?!?

My boss simply begins waddling over to the podium while I stand jaw dropped.

"Midoriya? Bro are you good? You look like you've seen a ghost.

"I-I'm okay!" I snapped out of it. "Just... I don't understand?"