61| Don't Scold Me, Mr. Locke.

"MISS Pierce," the doctor greeted me, walking into the hospital room

"MISS Pierce," the doctor greeted me, walking into the hospital room. "It seems that you've fractured your right wrist. It's a nondisplaced fracture, meaning your bone is broken, but it's still in its normal position. Nothing that will require surgery."

"That's a relief," I muttered.

"You should wear this cast for the next few weeks and ice it intermittently," the doctor ordered. "It should heal on its own. But you should ice it immediately as you get home."

I nodded and the doctor then excused himself, telling me that I was free to go. I sighed and stood up from the uncomfortable hospital bed. Savannah, who was sitting in one of the chairs in the room, stood up as well. We left the room, heading down to the first floor of the hospital and making our way out to the parking lot. When we got to Savannah's car, we got in and she immediately started it up, then turning to face me.

"Do you want me to drop you off at home?" She asked and I immediately panicked.

I shook my head rapidly. "I can't go home," I admitted.

"Oh," she said. "You want to come over, then?"

"I, uh," I paused for a moment. Savannah was asking me if I wanted to go to her house. Savannah. The girl I despised not too long ago. We weren't exactly friends, but maybe we were closer to being friends than I thought. "Yeah. I'd like that."

Savannah gave me a small smile before directing her attention to driving home. I'd never been to her house before. Truthfully, I never thought there would be any reason I would go to her house. This was weird. My whole life was weird.

We drove in silence the entire ride, which thankfully wasn't a long one. Savannah's house was conveniently only 15 minutes away from the hospital. I was thankful for that. There was nothing worse than a long, awkward car ride.

We finally pulled up to her house and went inside. "No one's home right now," she told me as we got in. She set her keys down on a console table in the foyer and lead me into the kitchen. Her house was fairly small but cute. The foyer was decorated with family portraits and school pictures of Savannah and her older brother. Entering the kitchen, the wooden cabinets were stained dark brown and the countertops were a grey granite. They had one of those eating nooks that were in a corner of the kitchen and boothlike. It was incredibly cute.

"I'll get you some ice and you can sit on the sofa," she told me and I nodded, making my way over to the living room sofa and taking a seat.

Minutes later, Savannah walked over and I took off my wrist cast, putting the ice pack on my sore wrist. I had really broken my wrist punching a punching bag without any gloves on. It was a dumb idea and I knew it. More than anything, I was trying to think of why I had done it. Why I had decided to push myself hard enough to the point of breaking my wrist. I was angry, but I hadn't realized just how I angry I was.