Senku cant make pots

Watching Senku try and make a clay pot was almost painful. He had all the knowledge on how to make one but none of the skill.

"Are you struggling Senku?"

"The damn coils won't match up properly"

You watch as he rolls out the clay into a long coil and starts to wrap it around the base after he wraps it around a few more times the structure begins to fall and the pot starts looking lumpy as the coils stop lining up. At this point, it looks more like a 3rd-grade art piece than a pot. Senku looks defeated as he gives up, as soon as he removes his hands from the pot it all collapses into itself, making Senku even more upset. You laugh once more as he sighs and leans back falling onto the grass.

"Do you want some help?"

"...yes" he quietly says.

You walk over and sit down next to him, he sits up and meets your eyes his red eyes staring into your e/c ones, you turn your head blushing as you pick up some clay rolling it out into a long coil. He watches you intently as you create a flat circle for the base and slowly and carefully wrap the coil around the perimeter of the circle. You were not as good as Yuzuriha at arts and crafts but you were definitely better than Senku. Eventually, you had half a pot with the sides going up about 4 inches, with this you stop and hand the coil over to Senku, your fingers lightly grazing his hand as you do this.

"Ok, I did half now you keep going with the other half."

"What?! But it looks so good right now what if I ruin it?"

"Don't worry about that I can always make another if you mess up, but I don't think you will."

"Fine" he says.

He leans over you to grab the pot so he can put it in front of him, his body being so close to yours causes you to blush, again "god this boy is going to be the death of me, I literally can't even look at him without my body betraying me like this."

You both fall into a comfortable silence as you watch him work on the pot helping out when he messes up a bit. He finishes the last coil and holds it up proudly.

"Um... thanks y/n for helping me."

"No problem Senku," you say with a big smile.

You both smile as you look down at the little pot you had made together, looking over at the sundial you see it took about an hour for you both to finish it. Sighing you lean back on your arms enjoying the nice time you were getting to spend with Senku.

"KUKUKU NOW WE JUST NEED TO MAKE 49 MORE!!!" Senku yells grinning evilly.

"WHAT!?! That's going to take forever," you say defeated.

To your disappointment Senku gets up and walks over to the other side of the camp to get more clay, sighing you tie your hair back preparing for all the work you have ahead of you.

- Time skip -

You and Senku eventually got quicker at making the pots as you practised, you both high five as you place the last pot up to dry on one of your homemade shelves. You go and sit around the fire Senku made when it got too dark to see. It had taken all day for the both of you to make all the pots but you were thankful the job only took a day to finish you had clay caked underneath your nails and it was going to take forever to get it out. You feel a presence behind you, turning around and looking up you see Senku holding two large leaves with various mushrooms in them. You take one as he sits down next to you.

Taking a bite out of one of the mushrooms you are amazed "WOW!! I used to absolutely hate mushrooms but these are great!"

"I guess being trapped in rock and not eating for many years I'm now more willing to try foods that I wouldn't have before" you reason with yourself, biting into another mushroom.

You look over at Senku who is just munching away on his mushrooms his mind lost in thought.

"Hey Senku what are you thinking about?"

"Huh? Oh, nothing. Hey y/n what did you do to pass the time while you were in stone?"

"well... I would often think about what you guys were doing you know? Like Taiju is probably thinking about Yuzuriha right now, my sister and parents would probably be thinking about me and where I was when the whole stone thing happened, stuff like that" you say.

Senku looks sad thinking about that day and how neither he nor Taiju got to confess to you or Yuzuriha.

"Kukuku that big oaf is so illogical he would totally spend over 3000 years just thinking about Yuzuriha." you Both laugh.

Continuing you say "I would sing songs that I knew, make stories in my head, do basic math, really just anything to keep me from going crazy. Oh and I thought about your letter, what was in that anyway?"

Senku looks at you suddenly his face slightly red "o-oh it was just a happy birthday card with a spaceship on the front."

You smile "aww that's so sweet Senku I'm sad I never got to see it."

Senku looks down at his feet and under his breath, you hear him say "yeah me too..."

———
Authors note

Guys you are all literally so nice I can't