XIX. A TERRIBLE HORROR FILM

ლ

IT WAS SOON AFTER THEY reached the medical trailer that Shane huffed. "Ya'll coulda gave some warning that this was where we had to get too,"

Remmi just chuckled lightly and threw him the water canteen they brought.

The three began to quickly look for what they needed. Remmi couldn't find the portable ultrasound, so she was hoping it would be somewhere in here. Remmi had began grabbing everything she would need in a regular OR, so she grabbed the surgical kits first, then grabbed sutures, taking three of them. "Hey, hey," She heard Shane whisper, pointing to the oxygen tanks.

"Yeah. Take three of them," She told him and went on going. "Otis, did you grab the respirator?" She asked him.

"Yep. I got most of it. Just need more bandages and Hershel said to find you a stethoscope," Remmi nodded and began to look for what they needed. The bandages were easy, but she still wanted that ultrasound machine.

It was when they were leaving that she found it. It was sitting on a high shelf by a brown medical bag. Her own back pack was full so she quickly shuffled the bandages around her new toy, trying to make it unbreakable. It would soon come to their finding that that was two extra seconds they needed.

"You know how to shoot?" Shane asked Remmi.

"Kind of," She replied to which he just nodded and handed her a small handgun.

"You got 20 rounds. Make em' count,"

"I can't believe this is happening," Remmi mumbled as they finally got the school security gate closed. The men ignored the comment while Shane was mumbling incoherent curses.

It was less than thirty seconds later when the Walkers breeched through the gate and the three of them were back to running. They had ran to every nook and cranny in that high school until Remmi had an idea.

"Where's the gym?" She asked. When Otis didn't reply she asked him again. "Otis, where's the gym?!" She yelled louder that time. She had no intention of being rude, but she needed to get it done and it needed to get done now.

"That way, why?" He asked as he pointed down a long corridor.

"Small towns like this keep the gyms unlocked," She answered before making a run for it.

To her expectations, she was right, it was unlocked. The Walkers followed them in there and the only high place was the wooden bleachers. Shane had climbed up first while Otis followed in suit, then they both lifted Remmi up.

Shane started to look around the gym, trying to find some way out of here. "Those windows, what's on the other side of em'?"

"Just a twenty foot drop and some bushes. After that's the football field,"