Chapter 29: Answers

I woke up in the hospital wing the next day, and Hermione was there waiting for me. I was surprised, when she said she'd be there for me.. she really meant it. "Hey.. how are you feeling? I heard about what happened and I rushed over here." "Thanks.. for coming. You're basically the only one who cares about me now." "Ron does too, he's just at Quidditch practice right now." I nodded and fell back on my pillow.

"So.. you and Harry really.." "Yeah, we did. He touched me, Hermione. And then our hands brushed against one another. It still hurts so bad." She sat down next to me on my bed and I sat up. "He's been really worried about you, Draco. He feels really bad, and he mentioned something else to me and Ron." She really had my attention now.

"What, what happened?" "He said that when he touched your chest with his hand, he saw something, like a memory. He saw himself.. with you. Both of you were laughing, and holding hands. He's been really confused, since he can't remember and all." "How did he see that? From touching me?" "True love.. it's the only thing more powerful than magic, you know." 

"I just thought that was what muggles thought, I never thought it was real." She gave a small smile, holding my hand to make me feel better. "Even in the wizarding world, Draco. How do you think Harry defeated Voldemort? He was thinking about Ron and I.. and especially you." I smiled, I never thought about it like that. 

"I'll let you get some rest. Harry might come by later, I'm just warning you. He said he wanted to, but he thought it might be weird." "Oh, um.. thanks," I just said back, and she left the room. If he did come, what would I say? My head hurt so badly, so I just fell asleep and I didn't think about anything until I got woken up. 

I felt a hand on my own, and I opened my eyes. I jumped back. It was Harry, and he was sitting next to me. "Potter.." I started to say, but I remembered I hate to act annoyed. "What do you think you're doing?" I asked him. "I wanted to see how you were doing. Look, I'm really sorry.. I never meant to do that." I could see he really cared. "Don't worry about it, just.. forget it."

He kept looking into my eyes, and I really wanted to just kiss him. "Draco.." He started to say. "Hermione said she told you, about what I saw.. and I just wanted to know.." I couldn't speak, I wasn't sure how to answer it. "You probably just imagined something, Potter. I don't know what you're talking about, alright?" I snapped at him. 

Harry got up, and started to walk away, but he turned back around. "You know, I thought we could start over, but you'll always be cold hearted, just like your father," and he walked off. I felt tears slowly coming down my face, and I quickly wiped them away, turning the other direction. Tomorrow I would go back to my parents, and I wouldn't have to see Harry again for at least a few days.