Chapter 30: Malfoy Manor

Today was the day I was going to go home. Well, to my parents. I didn't think of them as my home ever since Harry came into my life. I was feeling better, but only physically. I was dismissed from the hospital wing and I went back to my room to get my things. Harry was just leaving there, and I kept my head down. I waked right past him, but he stopped me. 

"Malfoy, I just wanted to say.." But I ignored him and kept on walking. I looked back, but Harry was already gone. I just took my trunk and packed it, and headed downstairs where I would be picked up. I saw my father, and I slowly walked over to him. I didn't want to speak to him, but he grabbed me by the arm, and we made our way to the manor. 

Right as we arrived, I saw my mother, who was walking over to greet me. I didn't dislike her as much, she was at least one person who seemed to care for me, unlike my father. "Oh, Draco! I'm so glad we got you back." I kept on a happy face, pretending I was fine. "Here, we have food." I was walked over to the table, my father still ignoring me. 

"How has school been?" "Alright," was all the came out of my mouth. My father then spoke. "What happened to Harry Potter? Are you still, let's say.. fond of him?" He sniggered at me. "No, I don't think I ever was. I ended it with him, he wasn't worth ruining the family name. "That's right, Draco. Very well." My heart hurt saying that, but I knew I didn't mean it, and that was enough for now. 

I barely ate, I didn't feel hungry. I never really wanted to do anything anymore. I was depressed, and no one knew. My mother came in my room before I went to bed. "Goodnight, Draco. Sleep well." That was all she said and I said the same. She closed the door and I turned the other way, trying to sleep. A tear streamed down my face. All I did was cry myself to sleep. I felt miserable. 

Luckily the days I spent with my family passed fairly quickly, and I was being sent back to Hogwarts in no time. Not that that would make me happier, I still had to see Harry. I just kept trying to ignore him, and he didn't really talk to me either. But after a few days I got back, I received a letter from my mother. 

"Dear Draco,

Your father has become ill, and I have told the school. You must come home, he might not have much longer.

- N"

That was all it said. My father was dying, I thought. I couldn't tell whether this was good or not. Could I be with Harry? But still, he was my father, I had to go. I grabbed my bags again and started rushing down the stairs. I ran right into Harry.

"You're leaving again?" He asked me. "Oh, uh.. yeah. it's my father, he's ill." "Oh, Draco.. I'm sorry." He put a hand on my shoulder. He looked like he was just stuck by lighting because his head fell backwards. 

Harry's POV: I was looking at another memory. This time I was with Draco.. in bed. He was lying on my chest, and I was running my fingers through his messy hair. What was this? But then I kept thinking.. I was remembering this moment, and then a few others. All of a sudden I fell to the ground, my head filling with all of these pictures of Draco and I. Then I woke up. 

Draco's POV: He woke up finally, and he was looking at me confused. I knelt down next to him to see if he was alright. He said softly to me, "Always and forever." I felt speechless. "What.." Was all I said to him. He took his hands and grabbed my face, pushing it against his. He kissed me, and I didn't think to notice. I've wanted this to happen for so long, I just kept kissing him as much as I could. But then I thought about my father, and pulled away. 

"Potter, what.." "I remember. You took away my memories.. didn't you? I remember now. You tried to protect me, but.. our love was stronger.." I was still looking into his eyes, and holding his hands. He was right, I thought. If you love someone, it's like nothing could keep you apart forever, and I believed that now. Now that I had him. "I'm sorry, it was the only way.. I hated every minute of it, having to act like I hated you." "I'm sorry I almost killed you." I couldn't help but laugh a little.

I got up and held out my hand. Harry took it and kissed me one last time. "Go, see your father. I'll be here waiting for you, okay?" I hugged him tightly before walking outside. I made it to the manor, and I saw my mother.. crying. I came around the corner and I saw my father lying on a bed. "Draco.. you came," he said as he saw me. I didn't want to face him, but I felt a few tears start to form in my eyes. "Come here," he called to me. 

I walked over to him, and he held my hand. "I'm sorry.. son, for everything. I just wanted you to know that.. I'm proud of you. And if you love him.. run to him. Never let him out of your sight again. You hear me?" I couldn't believe what he was saying. I started to cry now, holding both of my hands around his now. "I love you, Draco.." And he fell into a deep never-ending sleep. "I love you too, father," I said, as I sobbed into his chest. 

I could hear my mother crying too, and she came over to join me. I just lost my father, but he accepted me. After all of these years. He wanted me to be with Harry, to be happy. And that was what I never thought could happen. Later that day, my mother told me how sorry she was too. We agreed on starting over too, and we started to form a better bond. 

I stayed with her for a few more days, so she wouldn't have to be alone. But then it was time for me to leave again. I said goodbye to her, and I went back to Hogwarts. When I arrived, I saw Harry walking to a class. I just forgot about everything and I ran to him. I grabbed his arm and pulled him over to an empty closet. "I love you, Harry Potter. I'm never leaving you again, and I want to live with you. This summer, just like we planned. I want to spend the rest of my life with you, no matter what." I still couldn't believe what I was saying. "And we can finally be happy, forever." 

I felt him kiss me. "I love you more than anything, Draco Malfoy." "He's gone.. my father." Harry put a hand on my cheek, rubbing it with his thumb. "I'm so sorry." "He said he was proud of me.. he accepted me in the end. He told me to run to you. He said that if I loved someone, I should never leave them. And I'm never going to leave you again." "And I you," he said back to me. There we were again, holding one another closely. Harry knew me, I thought happily about my father, and I never had to run again. This was the happy ending I always wanted, and luckily for me.. I found it at last.

----

I never really wrote on here like this before, but I just wanted to say thank you. I never thought anyone would want to ready my story, though apparently you guys really like it! It really warms my heart, and I look forward to keep writing more parts, and even other stories for you all too!

With love,

Elise :)