༌ 033 ༌

✧

   CHRIS ARRIVED AT SOFIA'S PLACE WITH A KNOCK ON THE HARDWOOD DOOR, ROCKING ON HIS HEELS AS HE PATIENTLY WAITED TO BE LET IN. He looked around at the place he'd been about a million of times, blowing an exaggerated breath out of his mouth. The inside of the building was peaceful, little pieces of decorations hung up by the owner to make the place seem welcoming. Probably also as a way to cover up the fact that it was located in the bad side of town, and that whenever you stepped outside, there was a 65% percent chance you'd be mugged.

   Chris tried hard to persuade Sofia into moving in with him, not deeming the area as safe. They practically lived together anyways, not being able to spend too long without each other. But being her negative self, she refused, thinking about what would happen if they ever were to split.

   So, they made an unspoken rule. They would always tell the other when they'd safely reach their destination, and if the text or call never came— the other had 36 hours until they could full on worry.

   The door swung open, and Sofia came into view. She had a smile resting on her face, but Chris could see the slight worry in her eyes.

   He sent her a warm smile, stepping forward so he could give her a longing kiss on the cheek. His nose caught a whiff of her intoxicating perfume, and he thought back to how much he missed her. His hands held a bouquet of daisies, knowing they were Sofia's favorites. He let out a little laugh as he gave them to her. "You weren't texting me back, so I figured I was in trouble."

   Sofia shook her head and snorted. She went on her tippy toes to give him a kiss, walking around her apartment to place the bouquet in a vase, next to the four others that Chris had already gotten her. "You're not in trouble."

   "What's going on then?" Chris questioned, his brows furrowed and hands scratching the back of his neck nervously.

   Sofia pushed him down to sit on the couch, a silent warning that this was very important. "Oh, god. Are you breaking up with me?"

   "No," She sighed, "Just shut up and listen to me, got it?"

   Chris smirked, "Got it."

   "I'm just gonna say this super fast, so pay close attention. If you didn't understand what I said, I'm not repeating myself."

   He frowned. "You're scaring me."

   "Fuck," Sofia took a deep breath in. She sat next to Chris and held his hand to comfort both herself and him. He kissed her neck and collarbone affectionately, trying to calm her down. As cliche as it sounded, his touch was enough to practically bring her stress levels down. She silenced her racing thoughts and finally came out with it. "I'm pregnant."

   The room turned silent. The only noise came from the central A.C. that was being blasted and the faint chatter of a nearby TV. Chris froze, his eyes widening and jaw practically dropped on the ground.

   Hurt flashed Sofia's face before she turned away from Chris, forcefully taking her hand out of his grasp and standing up. "If you wanna leave, I'm asking you right now. This is your way out, Chris."

   He didn't respond, his brain not functioning with his body. Sofia's face softened and she gulped. "That's a yes. Got it. It's okay, I can do this on my own."

   When he heard her last sentence, something finally snapped in him and he rushed to get up. He held her shoulders, looking deep in her eyes to see if she was lying or not. "This is a joke, right?"

   Sofia scoffed, and roughly pulled away from him. "Are you kidding me? You don't have to be a dick about it."

   Chris violently shook his head, "No, no. That's not what I meant at all."

   "Then what do you mean?"

   "Holy shit, you're not lying." He placed his hands on either sides of her stomach, his eyes brightening up, "Sofia, you have no idea how happy I am right now."

   Sofia stepped back, utterly confused. "You're happy?"

   "Why the hell wouldn't I be, Sof?" Chris rhetorically asked as if it was insane to even think about. "We're having a baby."

   Sofia laughed, feeling stupid for ever thinking that Chris wouldn't want the baby and he joined in. "We're having a baby."

   She immediately slung her arms around his neck, tears welling up in her eyes as she realized that this was actually happening.

   Chris suddenly pulled back, "Wait. Come into your bedroom with me."

   She wiggled her eyebrows suggestively in a joking manner, "I like the way you think."

    Chris grabbed her arm and led the way, his excitement not faltering. Just before they entered, he placed his hands on top of her eyes so she wouldn't peek with much complains coming from Sofia. "Is this your way of telling me you're into BDSM? Because if this is, you should know I don't know shit about it, except from what I've watched on Pornhub and 50 Shades of Grey. But those don't count, right?"

   When he took his hands off without so much as a warning, Sofia opened her eyes and rubbed them to get them adjusted to light again. "Okay, fine. Don't reply. But don't come crying to me when I accidentally light you on fire if you have a candle wax kink."

   When everything in her room finally came into sight, a gasp left her mouth and all words escaped her mouth. She stumbled backwards a little, right into Chris.

   Her bed sheets had been changed into a romantic maroon color, the comforter made of silk. Candles were lit and placed around the bed, rose petals delicately thrown all around the room. Her walls were covered in pictures of her that Chris had taken, and a huge teddy bear with a huge supply of chocolates and takis, sat in the corner.

   Her eyes welled up with tears once again, not believing that someone cared this much about her. She turned around immediately, his name on the tip of her mouth, but she suddenly turned mute at the sight before her.

   Chris was kneeling down on the ground, a ring held in the air. "I love you, so so much, Sofia. I knew you were a keeper when you told the world you wanted to suck me, so I'm here to keep you forever. Will you marry me?"

   His speech was short and right to the point, but his words still made Sofia bawl. She nodded her head, not being able to form words. Once Chris' shaky hands slid the ring on her finger, he quickly got up from his position and dug his hands into her hair, meeting his lips with hers.

   "Pervert," Sofia laughed under her breath when Chris' hands wandered around her body, "How did you do this?"

   "Remember that extra long hour of Jack shitting, when he and Spencer were over earlier?" Sofia recalled the memory, remembering how she had to literally check to see if he was okay. "He was helping me decorate your room."

   Sofia rested her forehead against his, her chat heaving up and down in all the excitement. "I love you."

   ❝ GOOD THING I PRAYED TO GOD THAT ONE TIME FOR A CHANCE TO SIT ON YOUR FACE.

well, this is the end

it felt so satisfying to write this and complete this book holy moly

ALSO ‼️ I HATE PREGNANCY TROPES ‼️

i v much just did not know how else to end the book so im sorry for the way it ended LMFAOO just know i hate it too

anyways

sorry for all the times i made u wait weeks for like... each update LMAO

i guess this is is goodbye

ily my fellow hoes 🥺🥺💓