STOLEN EGGOS

Chapter Ten: Stolen Eggos

Amber got back that night around ten thirty, and as she was heading up to her house, a sad looking Steve Harrington was walking passed

Amber got back that night around ten thirty, and as she was heading up to her house, a sad looking Steve Harrington was walking passed. Amber smirked at the sight of the boy, what was he so upset about?

"What's wrong with you?" She asked him as she put her hands in her pockets, Steve looked up at her, not understanding why this kid was talking to him, "study session turned out to be strictly studying only?"

"Looks like she's got a new partner," Steve mumbled, walking away from Amber to his Car where Tommy and Carol were. At Steve's answer, Amber became slightly confused as her eyebrows furrowed.

She entered her house from the back entrance and quickly went upstairs, ignoring mike who was sitting at the counter and drinking some orange juice.

As soon as she was upstairs she headed to Nancy's room, knocking on the door.

"Yeah?" Nancy called. Amber went to open the door, only to realise Nancy had locked it.

"Open the door, dipshit!" Amber called.

"No, go away!" Nancy yelled back. Amber rolled her eyes at the girl's response and quickly went into her room, grabbing a bobby pin before heading back to Nancy's door.

She quickly bent to look at the lock as she lodged the bobby pin in, messing with it before twisting and hearing a click. When she entered the room, she saw Nancy and Johnathan staring at her.

"You look like a deer caught in the headlights," Amber says to them as she closes the door behind her, only to see the two still looking at her like she was from another planet, "What?"

"It's not what it looks like," Johnathan says to Amber, pointing between himself and Nancy. Amber started at him with a bored face, "I'm just, uh, staying over, because, uh, we're friends."

"Does mom know about this?" Amber asks, her bored face looking from Johnathan to Nancy.

"No," Nancy said to Amber, "but please, Amber don't tell her."

"Fine," Amber scratches her head as the two teens continue to stare at her, "what's wrong?"

"What do you mean what's wrong? Nothings wrong," Nancy quickly says and Amber sends her a knowing look, "I saw that thing that you saw."

"Shit, are you okay?" Amber asks, genuinely concerned for Nancy knowing she herself didn't sleep a wink the night of the attack.

"Yeah, yeah, I'm fine," Nancy lies with a smile to her sister, "I just, uh, wanna go to bed."

"Bull but okay," Amber says, the bored look returning on her face, "if I hear one moan from my room I'm killing both of you."

-

The next morning came, no moans were heard over the night, and Amber Wheeler felt sick.

She didn't want to have to deal with the day ahead but knew she had to as she headed downstairs and into the kitchen, going to the medicine cabinet.

"Mom!" She yelled as she looked inside, "where's the Advil?"

"I think your father had the last couple last week!" She called back, making Amber sigh.

"Here," Karen said coming through to the kitchen with five dollars in hand, "go buy yourself some."

"Thanks," Amber grumbled, taking the money and walking to the door. She put her shoes on before leaving, grabbing her skateboard and heading off to the store.

-

When at the store, she went to grab the Advil and a drink, and when in the drinks section, heard a man say, "Where are your parents?"

Amber's eyes widened - could that be Eleven?

Amber instantly rushed round the isles, seeing Eleven holding four boxes of Eggos in hand as the man mumbled to his colleague to call the police.

Amber didn't call Elevens name, interested in what the girl would do.

She watched as she walked past the man, and through the store, the man yelling that she had to pay for them.

"Thief!" He shouted as El walked out the front door. She watched with wide eyes as the door slammed and the glass broke. Seeing an opportunity, she grabbed a bad of cookies by her head and ran out the door passed the man who owned the store, and ran after eleven.

"El!" She yelled, running after her. Eleven turned to see the girl, who grabbed El's hand and pulled her to run into the forest with them, away from the scene they had created.

-

Eleven and Amber say in the woods eating their food. Eleven had given Amber an eggo and in return, Amber had given the girl a cookie. The two were sat in silence as they ate.

"I didn't mean it, yesterday," Amber began to say to her as she took a sip of her water. El looked at her confused as the girl continued, "I do care about you. And I never should've said I don't."

"It's ok," El told the girl with a smile. Amber sighed as she looked down.

"It's not," Amber finally spoke quietly, "all my life, I act like I don't care. And I do, but I've been acting for so long people don't believe the truth anymore."

El moved closer to Amber, giving the girl a hug as she sensed how sad Amber was. Amber sighed, hugging the girl tightly. She never really received comfort, so was glad she got some from eleven.

When they broke away, Eleven placed her hand softly on Ambers' cheek, "better?" She asked the girl, who nodded softly, staring into the girl's eyes.

Their heads moved a little closer together, and Amber questioned if this was a good idea. El didn't understand what was considered right and wrong by society, she didn't really know what was going on.

Amber knew it was frowned upon, a girl liking another girl, but when has she ever cared about societies opinions on her anyway.

Amber moved closer, carefully cupping Eleven's cheek as she took a deep breath. She glanced down at elevens lips before moving in and giving them a soft peck. Eleven instantly kissed back, before the two pulled away.

"Uh, I'm sorry," Amber apologised when she saw El's wide eyes. Eleven just stared, "I shouldn't have done that, I'm sorry-"

"I like it," Eleven whispered, making Amber freeze. The girl stared at eleven for a moment, before shaking her head.

"You shouldn't." She mumbled, looking away before hearing a scream in the distance. Amber turned to El, there eyes both wide as they knew who it came from.

"Mike."