07 | h o l y f o r k i n g **** b a l l s

{D} raco must have seen him, too.

"What do I do?" I whispered. My mind was spinning. Do I go up to him? 

Hi, I'm your long lost sister, what's up? Um, so basically we were separated at birth when a dark wizard murdered our parents lol. And also there's a whole new world you have to get used to and also ur famous. Oh, and did I mention that the same dark wizard might be after our lives as well? Oh well, lets sit down and make some daisy chains amirite?

Draco squeezed my hand, bringing me back into reality. "What do you want to do?"

"I don't know." I whispered, "I don't know, I don't know, I don't know." I repeated, feeling myself getting angrier. "So it's 'you don't get to decide when you an see your brother,'" I mocked, "but they just pop him here without even giving me a heads up? What the hell am I supposed to do now, huh?"

Draco pulled me in for a hug,  making my anger dissipate. "Help me, Draco." I said into his shoulder.

"Do you want to talk to him now, Lexi?" Draco asked gently, using my first name for once. It was a bit awkward, since he wasn't used to comforting someone. "If you're not up to it, um, you're probably going to see him in Hogwarts."

That's right. They must have brought him in for first year.

"I-I'm not up for it," I said, turning my head in shame.

"Hey, Moss eyes, there's nothing wrong with that," Draco said, "Come on, let's go get a drink."

"No, I think I'm going to go home." I smiled weakly, "Thanks, Draco."

"Want me to come with you?" His face was etched with concern.

"It's alright. I have to talk to Remus anyway."

"See you later, Potter." he seemed hesitant to leave, feet glued to the spot. 

I waved, turning back to use the floo system.

---

My voice shaking, I called out quietly, "Remus?"

He came immediately, and from the look of it, he had heard the news as well. "Come here, Lexi." he said, opening his arms.

I came running, crashing into him. "He's here." I whispered, "But I couldn't say anything. How am I going to face him now?"

Remus stroked my hair, "He'll understand. Just talk to him. He should have heard of you by now."

"Oh my god, you're right." I blanched, "What if he heard the rumors? What am I going to say?"

"Lexi, it might take some time for him to process everything. But in the end, I'm sure everything is going to work out. And if it doesn't, you know that chocolate would never betray you." Remus has gotten better at this sort of thing.

Through trial and error, he knew exactly what to say to comfort me. "What am I going to say," Remus chuckled to himself.

I went up to my room, pulling out a quill and a piece of paper. 

Dear Draco, 

I'm all good now. See you at the train station, Jerkface.

P.S. thanks.

-Lexi

I called Misty, our southern white-faced owl. "Can you give this to Draco, Misty?" I asked, the owl affectionately rubbed against my face in response. "Good girl."

As I reached to open the window, I saw a familiar silhouette in the distance. "Ulysses?" I called out. He was carrying a rather heavy package. 

I stepped aside to let him in. The box dropped on the floor with a loud thump, scattering the nearby dust. Immediately, I opened it, to be met with new school materials. "Draco..." I smiled softly.

A note was stuck to the side, "Don't think much of it Moss eyes. Just saving you another trip."

Okay, I'm sorry for all the author side notes, but I'm trying to find a way to skip to third year. I know I need to set foundation; like Lexi and Harry's relationship, quidditch, and I guess her relationships with teachers? But, I'm craving some D&L sparks, and it just feels so wrong to do it when they are first years. Every time I think of Draco, cinnamon roll/young Draco pops up and like... 🤯 Ya know?

I have lots of ideas for cute moments, but keep in mind that things will definitely be hotter after the time skip. So get ready for some f l u f f. 

Also, this is the old cover:

To be honest, I kinda like the old one better

To be honest, I kinda like the old one better. Please comment your opinion ;)