Chapter 16 - Hope

(Y/N)'s POV
When the next morning came, I woke up early. Still feeling tired, my body didn't feel like sleeping again. So, I forced myself to wake up. I went to the bathroom to do my usual thing then went into the kitchen. I opened the fridge and took the first thing I saw, which was a carton of milk. I opened the carton and started to drink straight out of it. While I was drinking the milk, I noticed Dream and choked.

"Oh stars!" He rushed up to me, "Are you alright?!"

I cough, "Y-Yeah, I'm good. I just forgot I was in someone else's house."

"Well, I did tell you to make yourself at home." He smiled.

"Do you want some...?" I held the carton out to him.

"... Do I want some of my own milk...?"

I giggled, "Sorry for drinking your milk." I resumed drinking the milk.

"It's fine! Would you like to train today?" I nod, "Great! I'll see you outside!" Dream left the house and I quickly finished the milk, tossing the empty carton into the trash. I went outside and there he was with his bow, "Ready?"

I smirked, "Don't go easy on me..."

Dream's POV
Last night, I sensed that (Y/N) felt an overwhelming amount of positivity. I'm not exactly sure how but I could feel her positivity from my room, all of her happiness, warmth, and hope. It was wonderful. This morning, I saw her drinking straight out a carton of milk. When she noticed me, she choked on the milk. It was a scare for sure but she was alright. I went outside and waited for her to come out. I took my golden staff and turned it into my box then she came out. And we began the training.

She told me not to go easy on her so, I won't, but I'm going to be cautious. I quickly shot multiple arrows towards her then she summoned a gaster blaster but the ones that she possesses are bigger than Classic Sans's; they're more intimidating yet it was so beautiful and powerful at the same time. Stars, this was quite unexpected. She shot her gaster blaster and destroyed the arrows I shot at her as well as turning the grass into ashes. I looked over to her, both of her eyes were glowing. Fascinating.

"Should we take this somewhere else...?" I nervously giggled.

"Oh, sure!" I opened a portal into the anti-void and we went in, "The anti-void...?"
I nodded, "It's a good place to practice! And I don't want you to get hurt."

"Well..." She summoned her gaster blaster on me, "let's begin..."

I summoned my force field to block her gaster blaster, she's quick on her feet. When her gaster blaster disappeared, she was anywhere to be seen. Then, I felt her presence behind me, I quickly turned around and saw her. She was about to punch me but I quickly missed her attack and teleported away from her.

Her eyes were both blowing, I've never seen anything like this. I quickly shot my arrow towards her. As my arrows were going towards her, she didn't move at all but instead flirted with me, "I wanna be closer to you, Dream." She winked at me and I blushed. It caught me off guard and right before my arrows could hit her, she teleports right in front of me, with her fist ready to punch me. My first reaction was to close my eyes and accept my fate then I felt a kiss on my cheek. I opened my eyes and blushed at her. She giggles at me, "You really think I'd have the GUTS to hit you, Dream?"

I was still at a loss for words, "I-I... what was that kiss for...?!"

"You didn't see that coming...? NO BODY did, I guess." She chuckles, "Come on, wasn't that HUMERUS?" I still didn't know what to say, "Hey... did I break you? Dream?" She waved her hand in front of me.

"N-No...! It just caught me off guard."

"Pfft, okay... wanna go back to Dreamtale?" She opened a portal back and I nod.

(Y/N)'s POV
We went back to Dreamtale, there was Nightmare reading a book by the tree and Core Frisk standing beside him. Core Frisk walked up to me, "I have something for you, (Y/N)..." They opened a portal.

Before I left, I waved goodbye to Dream and Nightmare then followed Core Frisk inside. I was brought into a large library; it was two stories tall, with large glass panes all around with illustrations and a large chandelier in the center. On the bottom floor, there was a small area with sofas as well as potted echo flowers decorated around the room, and a door near the corner. The upstairs looked similar to the bottom floor with all of the books but it only had a desk and an echo flower on the desk.

Overall, it was a breathtaking sight, "Wow... this is place seems completely BOOKED with all these books." I winked at them. "But anyway, why did you want to show me this place?"

"This is for you." They smiled.

"... For me? Like your giving this place to me?"

They giggled, "This is your universe, (Y/N)."

"My... universe...?" They nod.

"Welcome to the AU guardian family."