28

You back away, shaking your head in disbelief.

''Hey, this isn't funny''

Your eyes are glued to the floor, mind trying to make sense of whatever the fuck you just saw.

Lisa...your friend whom you've been trying to find all these days has been distorted and changed into an alien?!

''They'll look normal after the procedure is finished, so they're technically not aliens'' he answers your thoughts.

''What...the fuck'' is all that comes out your mouth after viewing such absurdity.

Jungkook looks away, bangs obscuring the dimmed fire in his eyes. ''Next...''

''Hey'' you grab his arm, fury raging in your eyes, ''All this is fucked up! These are innocent kids!''

''I know...''

''I know?!'' you grip his arm tighter, ''Don't you feel any remorse? If you know this is wrong, why don't you guys try and stop it?''

''Because we don't have a choice!'' he says through gritted teeth, ''Me, Taehyung, the rest of us...do we look like normal people to you? We can jump higher than buildings, we can compel people who fear...''

''We've...also been experimented on'' he finishes, voice lowering to a mumble. ''What we've been given...is a gift. The Lord saved us. And to show our gratitude, we vowed to obey all his orders. So we have to do whatever he asks whether we like it or not, okay?!''

You clamp your mouth shut, swallowing back your words after seeing such a saddened expression. Every muscle in his body was tense, and without a word he communicated intense anger, guilt, pain.

Taehyung too, you noticed always adorned a pained expression. Sometimes, when you looked into his eyes, they were warm and bright like fire, yet cold and dowsed by ice. It wasn't only him, the rest of them too.

Perhaps they've gone through much worse, but try to hide and conceal their pain. Maybe that's why they wear masks when doing such work.

Maybe I shouldn't be too quick to judge.

I'll go with the flow and figure out everything bit by bit.

''Okay, where to next?'' you breathe, straightening your posture.

His shoulders relax, doe eyes turning to you. ''You're not...mad?''

''I am mad, but not at you'' you smile reassuringly. ''I shouldn't be too quick to judge without knowing what you've been through''

He watches you for a moment, eyes softening.

''Can I hug you?'' he covers his mouth, eyes staring intently at you. Before you can respond, his firm arms wrap around you from behind, pulling you into his embrace.

In order to provide him comfort, you allow him to do so for a few more moments.

''You little shit I've been looking for you-''

You look up, and come face to face with a startled Taehyung. His eyes hover over you and Jungkook before he looks away.

''....am I interrupting something?'' he asks while Jungkook lets go of you.

''Nah, I was just getting a little sentimental so she was comforting me'' Jungkook answers for you, ''Right, Y/N?''

''I don't really care'' he mutters, bitterness lacing his tone. ''I'm going''

He turns around and begins to walk away, head hung low until you run up to him and grab his arm. ''Why were you looking for me?''

''Doesn't matter'' he responds, breaking free from your grasp and walking away.