Nine

© 2014 SilverStream22. All Rights Reserved.

"LATCH" BY DISCLOSURE

I woke up with the feeling of complete and utter happiness, which was something unusual for me considering that I absolutely loathed being woken up at seven in the morning.

Draver shook my shoulder gently, snapping his fingers in front my face. "Hey-hey, wake up. Breakfast is ready."

I turned to my side, burying my face into a slightly warm pillow in hopes to drown out his voice.

After I heard the retreating padding of his feet, I sighed heavily, relaxing as I let my body sink into the tempurpedic bed. Unfortunately my comfort was short-lived because the moment I started to drift back to sleep, strong arms yanked me out of bed and to the bathroom. My body dropped into an freezing bathtub, the biting cold seeping into my bones.

My eyes shot open wide and I clenched my teeth as the icy water creeped under my clothes to my bare skin.

"R-really?" I chattered, wrapping myself into a ball. 

Stark looked down at me with a blank expression. "Next time just wake up. It's rude to sleep in when your guest has prepared breakfast for you."

Forcing myself out of the water, I latched onto his arms and pulled him down with me. "That's what you uget for being an arse to a womanl."

"You're not a woman." he retorted, eyes softening. "You're my woman."

I scoffed, gesturing the ring around his finger. "Says the guy who's evidently married. You couldn't even wait for me?"

He frowned slightly, his fingers twisting the ring around. "Well, it is rare for my kind to ever come across our mates."

Angered, I splashed cold water in his faux innocent face. "That's no excuse, you idiot!"

Stark removed the ring and held it up. "Well either way, I'm sorry for misleading you."

I paused, taken aback. "Confusing me? What do you mean?"

He blinked, adjusting a bit inside the bathtub. He held up the rng, "I placed it on the wrong finger."

I gaped, shock filling me. "You-you what?" 

Shrugging, he stood up, water dripping from his swim trunks. "I do not like repeating myself. Now come." 

I glared at the tall and broad-shouldered Lycan. "And why didn't you tell me this earlier? Before I made a fool out of myself?"

He rolled his shoulders and helped me up. "I didn't see it as necessary."

I snorted and shoved him out of the bathroom. "Go! I'm going to take a shower."

Stark frowned. "Why can't I stay?"

I slammed the door in his face.

~

The pool was rather large, stretching almost the entire length of the roof of the penthouse. There was a lot of chainrs sprinkled at the top of the makeshift pool waterfall at the opposite end of the pool. A grill was right beside the door that opened to the roof, hitting me with the smell of lamb and sausages. Jazz was standing there in swim trunks as well, his upper torso bare like all the other Lycans in pool. 

"G'morning." Alric murmured, appearing beside me with a childish grin on his face.

I looked at his side which was merely scarred with white jagged lines. I knitted my brows in confusion. "What? How are you healed?"