Arthur Morgan: Dancer Part 2

Arthur Morgan X Female Dancer Reader

Summary: Arthur comes to visit you again and the gang get curious about where he keeps sneaking off to.

Word Count: 1900

After what happened during your last meeting, Arthur wasn't sure whether he should see you again. He wanted to see you, more than anything, but he felt guilty for dragging you into his life. You deserved a better man than him but still...you wanted him.

-----

Eventually Arthur decided that he would see you again, that he didn't want to just never see you again. Even though he thought you could do better than him, he found himself falling for you and he decided that he wasn't going to let you go. If you were willing to have, you could have him.

So, Arthur went to see your show one evening. He was in awe as you dance, just like he always was. You were just hypnotising. After the show, he headed backstage to see you. He was welcomed backstage by the security on staff by giving them your name, most of them recognised him by now and let him through without argument.

Arthur stepped into your dressing room and closed the door behind him. When you heard the door open and close, you turned to the intruder. You sniffled and wiped your tears away from your face, trying to look like you weren't just crying. Arthur frowned as soon as he saw your face, you were pretending that you weren't crying.

"Arthur, hi, I thought you weren't going to drop by again. I thought I wasn't going to see you again" you confessed, still acting like you weren't crying. You hoped that he just wouldn't say anything about it.

"Is that why you were crying?" Arthur asked as he walked towards, looking down at you as you sat at your dressing table.

"...no" you admitted with a small sigh, tucking your hair being your ears.

"What's happened?" he asked, kneeling down in front of you. If something was upsetting you, he wanted to know about it.

"Last night there was a man in the audience, looking for talent. He was looking for a dancer for a show in New York...I didn't get it" you explained, wiping another tear away from your face. You shouldn't be so upset, you knew that it was a long shot and that you shouldn't have gotten your hopes up.

"I'm sorry...you deserved to get that job" Arthur sighed, lifting one hand to stroke it over your hair.

"No...people train all their lives for opportunities like that. I'm an amateur compared to them. I'm just not good enough" you shook your head.

"Well they don't know anything. I don't know much but I ain't blind, I know what I see and you, Y/N, you're amazing. You're very talented. Those people out there love you, they come just to watch you. Those fools in New York don't deserve you" Arthur reassured you, cupping your face in his hands and making you look at him. You could see so much sincerity in his eyes, he was so wonderful.

"Thanks Arthur" you smiled, genuinely feeling better now. Only Arthur could do that to you.

"Be honest with me Arthur...did you consider not coming back to see me?" you asked. It had been a short while since you last saw Arthur and you had wondered whether he just wasn't going to come back, the thought crushed you more than it should have.

"...I did...you deserve someone better than me, I don't want to get you involved in my life. You shouldn't get involved with the likes of me" he warned you, his thumbs brushing over your cheeks.

"Arthur, I am going to be stuck in Saint Denis for a long time. If I want to get involved with the likes of you, I will" you told him, a smile growing on your face as you placed one of your hands on top of one of his.