Chapter Four

Me and Leigh brought some cookies from a girl in our year and shared them between our group. All together there was four of us, me, Leigh, Jess and Annie. I saw Annie’s red hair in the crowd of students and made my way towards her; she was smiling and laughing down at her phone.

“Dan I’m guessing” She nodded.

“He called me beautiful” I rolled my eyes. Dan and Annie had been together for nearly a year now. You could tell they really liked each other as every moment they had time to spare they would me talking to each other. I had met Dan for the first time at a house party round his house. Annie had invited me to go with Leigh so I had accepted wanting to meet this boy that was making my best friend so happy. The brightness of his ginger hair shocked me at first. His face, like mine, was covered in freckles and he had grey eyes. They had looked so cute together, giggling in the corner of the room. Dan had held out his hand for me to shake it but I pulled him into a hug saying that anybody who made Annie happy was a friend of mine.

She put her phone in her pocket when the bell rang for us to make our way to our next lesson which was history, Leigh’s favourite lesson. See, the teacher in that lesson in her words was ‘hers’ even though he had a wife and son. We had fun in that lesson and often spent the time laughing and talking with the teacher. Mr Grimes was a well groomed man. He had a black beard that had neat edges; his hair was styled in a quiff. When we weren’t doing work we were talking to him about things and when we did do work we did it well never needing help. We got c’s, b’s and a’s in all our tests. In this lesson we watched a film about the rise of Hitler as that was going to be our next course work. We watched it but occasionally talking about other things or about what was going on in the film. Then the film ended and the bell went.

The rest of my lessons went well and in all it was a good first day back. I was grateful when the bell went, home time. I met some friends with Leigh and we sat talking for a bit until we were ushered out of the school. On the way out I spotted him talking to one of the assistant heads. I walked by looking out the corner of my eye at him.

“Have a good afternoon ladies” He called to us before the door closed.

Leigh, Annie and me went back to my house to relax to music in my room. My mum was at work till late today and my brother was round his girlfriends so i had the house to myself. I turned the television on and turned it to the music channel. We all sat down on my three seater couch and sang along to the songs. Annie's mum picked her up around eight and Leigh walked home as she didnt live too far away. I was so tired from today that i decided to make my self a cup of tea and go to bed. I was gone as soon as my head hit the pillow.