17

Camila

It was weird, walking into her bedroom at home and immediately tasking herself with taking down posters of her girlfriend. But she does it quickly, rolling them up and stuffing them in the back of her closet, because Lauren had texted, saying she's planning on coming over once she arrives in Miami too, and she doesn't want her to be creeped out.

Once she'd done that, she'd spent the whole evening and most of the next day with her family, updating her mom on the situation with Lauren, basically just gushing about her girlfriend. It's not anything different than her mother is used to; just that Camila is talking about Lauren Jauregui her girlfriend, not Lauren Jauregui her favourite actress.

(Sofi doesn't believe her when she's talking about the older girl, but Camila will bring her proof home in the next couple of days.)

After extensive family time, Camila excuses herself to FaceTime Lauren; her flight is today, and because of the three hour time difference, she's almost about to board. "Hi, baby."

"Hey," Lauren leans back in her seat, and from what Camila can tell, she's at the boarding gate now, "listen, I don't think I'm going to be able to come over today, but definitely tomorrow. My mom has already booked a family meal out, and my best friend Alexa is flying back home today too, and I haven't seen them for ages, so..."

"That's okay, Laur," Camila assures her, "you see me all the time, so it's honestly no big deal if you can't come over right away."

"Thanks, Camz," Lauren takes a sip of a drink, probably a caramel latte, and then announces, "so, is this the famous bedroom with the posters on the wall?"

"Not anymore," Camila sticks her tongue out childishly, "I took them down when I got home."

"Dammit, I wanted you to keep them up so I could tease you about it when I came over," Lauren pouts, "do you have any other memorabilia I can make fun of you for?"

"No, I don't," Camila rolls her eyes, "it's not funny that I was a fan, you know. You should be grateful that you had someone as amazing as me supporting you."

"I am, but it's still funny," Lauren replies, "seriously though, did you have any other merch? Did you cop one of those hoodies I released? Because if not, you're a fake fan and I don't like you anymore."

Camila blushes, "I bought one. I almost considered buying a replica of the leather jacket you wear on the show, but I restrained myself."

"You can have it, if you want. I stole the original one from set," Lauren casually admits to theft, "They had to make me a new one for season three anyway, it didn't really fit me anymore, but it'll definitely fit you. I can give it to you this week, it's at my parents' house."

"You don't realise how much I have to hold back my fangirling right now," Camila admits, because oh my fucking god, if there's one thing she didn't think she'd ever get, it was Vanessa Ramirez's leather jacket. "Oh my god."

Lauren raises her eyebrows, and there's an echoed announcement about a flight boarding, and judging by the way she drains the rest of her coffee, it's her flight. "Alright, it's just a jacket. I was honestly going to sell it on eBay, so it's not a big deal."

"It's a huge deal!" Camila announces as Lauren starts to put a few things back into her carry-on backpack, like her book and her charger. "I can't believe I'm going to own Vanessa's jacket!"

Lauren laughs, putting her bag strap over her shoulder. "Okay, not like you're dating the actress who plays her or anything."

"Well, yeah, that too, but still," Camila grins in excitement, "you'll really give me the jacket?"