NINETEEN.

(excuse all mistakes.)

Compton, California 📍

Vadah Avani Parker | Buddha

You ever did some dumb ass shit and then wished you could turn back the clock and do it all over again, next time doing the right thing?

Like when you wrote on your teachers favorite button down with a red marker and got suspended for 4 days, got the ass whooping of your life and cried in your room, regretting what you did.

That's what I was feeling right now.

Nothing but regret. Sitting in the passenger seat, just wishing I didn't lock the damn phone.

I still think that he was overreacting a little bit.

The car ride to his grandmother's house was quiet. Besides the music he had playing lowly, neither of us said a word.

So I decided to be the bigger person.

"Kamiri." I'll be damned if I called him no damn KB, fuck?

"Hm?" He hummed lowly, right hand on the steering wheel, left playing with his chin.

He was high. Again. That seemed to be the only thing he did. Everytime I seen him, he had low eyes.

"I just wanted to apologize. It was wrong of me to act like that and then turn around and make it seem like you didn't have a right to be mad."

"Mhm."

"Kamiri I'm serious." I looked over at him. I rolled my eyes when he didn't say anything.

"I know I fucked up inna beginning." He finally spoke up after a few minutes. "Leading you on. That was fucked up."

"But now I feel like you doing the same shit. Leading me on." He shrugged.

"Kamiri that is not the same thing. I told you we were friends."

"Vadah ion wanna hear that shit." He bust out laughing. "I admit the bestfriend shit was cool at first, I thought it was cute. But you know I want you."

"Kamiri I'm not trying to lead you on. It's way different, because I told you in the beginning where as, you did it behind my back."

"Ard Vadah."

"Can you stop? I'm trying to have a conversation with you and you keep dismissing the issue." I looked at him.

"You good shorty, you right." He gave me a small smirk. "I'm good. You good. We good. Everything's good."

I rolled my eyes, still feeling like he was a little upset about it.

He pulled up to a grey and white two story house with a bunch of cars parked in the driveway, and all on the grass.

"Damn." He mumbled.

"Come on." Finally finding somewhere to park, I unbuckled my seatbelt and got out.

Fixing my black cropped Palm Angels sweater, I followed behind him, getting that feeling in my stomach like I had to shit.