Chapter 7(Mental Rants are Distracting when You're Trying to do Stuff)

It hadn't taken long to move all of Peter's stuff to the new apartment. It was small but that was okay. He had set up his equipment in the living room of the apartment. His internship started tomorrow. Peter was nervous but excited. He would be able to work on his projects in a place with more equipment and tech. But for now he had a moment to go on patrol. He was a bit nervous about the Avengers but that wouldn't stop him from trying to help the citizens of New York.

*******

Peter tried to suppress his nerves as he walked into Stark Industries, also Avengers' Tower. It sort of looked like a lama but Peter wasn't about to tell that to the people who had hired him. Luckily his patrol had been pretty quiet. A few muggings and such. He was just glad the major baddies were still locked up and hopefully would actually stay locked up for more than a couple weeks for once. Seriously how hard was it to keep the criminals in prison! It was hard enough getting them in there the first time but then they just kept escaping and escaping. A guy could only take so much. Especially a vigilante with the Avengers after him and a new internship to worry about. At least it wasn't like he was going to be around Mr. Stark. That might complicate thing in trying to keep his identity secret. At least the few villains that new his identity hadn't told anyone, as far as he knew. Though that wasn't very comforting seeing as they probably just wanted to get in their own revenge before someone else could have a chance to kill him.

He blinked when he heard someone clear their throat. The receptionist was staring at him expectantly. Oops. How long had he been standing there going on a mental rant? When had he even walked up to the desk? That's what stress did. It made you zone out. Like he was doing now. Peter mentally sighed. His mental rants were going to get him in trouble one day.

"Umm...Sorry, excuse me, I'm here for an internship?" Peter inwardly cringed at his awkwardness.

"5th floor" she said pushing a badge towards him.

"Thanks" he said taking the badge and hurrying to the elevator. He pressed the button for the fifth floor and cringed at the elevator music. Who even invented elevator music? They must have been crazy. It wasn't that listening to music was bad. But whoever picked the songs must be enjoying everyone hating to have to listen to that music. Finally the doors opened. When he got out, there was a guy with blond hair waiting.

"Hello, I'm Mark. You must be Peter?" Peter nodded, "I'm here to show you around." with that he walked off and Peter began to follow. "Over to the right we have the blueprint room, the next door is robotics, then on the left there's bio, and then the next one is other tech as well as electronics. You'll be working in the tech room, table 7. Natalia is in charge of that room and she'll tell you what to do. If you need anything I'll be in the robotics room."

"Okay, thanks." Mark left to the robotics room and Peter entered the tech room. There were several people, from college students to adults. He walked over to a table with the number 7 painted on the side, there was another woman working there. "Hey, I'm Peter. Mark said to ask you what I'll be doing."

She turned to him and smiled. She seemed nice. "For today you can work on a personal project. Then starting tomorrow you'll be given small assignments to help us see what your good at and what your interests are. Later you'll eventually be given bigger assignments and team projects to help with." She went back to her project at table eight and Peter took that to mean he should start working.

He set his things up on the other side of the table. He had brought some blueprints and projects he was working on in case he had a chance to work on them. Of course he couldn't work on Spiderman stuff but that was alright. He could work on them at the apartment. After he debugged it. He didn't know if there were any listening devices or cameras in the apartment. Seeing as he threatened Mr. Stark Peter wouldn't be surprised if he was planning on spying on him. RAAJA had suggested he keep using the warehouse as a hideout. It sounded like a good idea. A spidey base. He just had to come up with a good name for it. (this idea was from Marvel_Dragons go    read their stuff)

He pulled out one of the stun guns he had been working on. He haod been working on it when Iron Man barged in. In fact it was what he had threatened Stark with. So far it only delivered a weak blast that barely tickled. He had lied to Stark about it being able to disable his suit, but eh, whatever. He wanted it to eventually be able to stun and knock people unconscious. It also needed to have different setting because someone with powers would be harder to take down then someone without.

Looking around the room he saw shelfs and boxes filled with tools and spare parts. He quickly started working wishing he could have RAAJA with him but he wasn't sure if he wanted to reveal her existence yet. Even though he hadn't used her as Spiderman yet, he was planning to so he was trying to take precautions. Besides he didn't want to disturb others by talking to her. He had set her up at his apartment though. And maybe if he got an earpiece it might work but he would still have to talk out loud. Peter frowned trying to think of a way to use her in the labs. As he was thinking his fingers kept working. Wiring pieces together and fitting the parts together like a puzzle. Maybe he should use a fake name for others. Or abbreviate it when he was Spiderman. Or, could he make it so that he could talk to her in the mask without others hearing? That would be the best solution if he could figure out how. He had already added a voice modulator to make him sound older and he thought he could silence his voice when he was speaking to RAAJA. He smiled. He'd have to start working on that when he got back to the apartment.

Spiderman didn't use any gadgets so far. But if he could them small enough he might be able to fit them in a small pouch or strapped to his legs like guns. Maybe even a utility belt like Batman's. Peter smiled at that thought. Ned would love that while MJ would probably just call them nerds. He frowned. He missed them. Peter shook his head. They were probably better off without him. Safer away from him so Spiderman's enemy's couldn't get to them. The thought saddened him. Why was it that when he tried to protect people those he cared about were put in danger. He shook his head again. No. He couldn't think like that. The people needed Spiderman. It wasn't like the Avengers were going to go into the city to protect the people from common muggers. RAAJA had reminded him that the city needed Spiderman. Needed him. At least Ned and MJ were away so they couldn't get hurt. He wouldn't leave the city to suffer again. With that thought he sighed and returned to his project. It would be alright. He would keep being Spiderman, and Peter Parker would work at the Stark internship. And he would be alright. Someday he would be alright. He would fight to make it alright.

Hope you enjoyed this chapter.  The next one might take a little longer because I haven't had as much time to write lately but I'll have it up as soon as I can

your votes and comments are appreciated

constructive criticism is welcome

See you next time

Sayonara peoples!