15

* * * Two Months Later * * *

Jazmine sat in the booth across from Jamie as they ate at the Waffle House.

"How have you been?" Jamie drunk some of his coffee.

Jazmine gave a shrug with a small smile, "I'm okay. Taking care of the kids, getting back on track with life." She ate some of her syrup soaked waffle.

"But are you really okay? I heard your brother and his girl was all in ya shit. I don't know what it's like to lose a child, but I'm sure you haven't had time to grieve." Jamie grabbed her hand.

Jazmine sighed and smiled as the tears began to fall.

"You know it's just, that's like my second and third miscarriage. Maybe I'm not a good enough mom. Like what is wrong with me? Everything bad seems to happen to me and I just don't understand why in the world I can't seem to catch a break." Jazmine looked away, rubbing her face against her shoulder.

"Look, you're breathing right?"

She nodded her head.

"You can see right?"

She nodded slowly.

"You can walk, you can talk and hear, right?"

She bit her lip nodding.

"You're in this side of the earth. Nothing is wrong with you. You're human baby, life happens to everyone. You don't know what the next person goes through behind closed doors, so you can't base how horrible your life is compared to someone else. You get what I'm sayin? I mean you had a miscarriage but guess what, you have three crazy, talented, upbeat beautiful children and when the time is right and the right person comes along you'll probably have more." Jamie shrugged rubbing the back of her hand with his thumb.

Jazmine nodded and smiled.

"I still love you." She whispered

Jamie let go of her hand.

"I love you too, but you have to stop running to the next man to feel complete. You need to feel complete on your own cause the next person won't always be there but you will always be there." Jamie pointed.

"It's so hard, for so long I cried for you. I mean... I was in such deep depression, I thought you were gone."

"I understand, and I'm sorry for that. It eats me up to know had I not have involved you, all this shit probably wouldn't have happened to you." Jamie sighed rubbing his open palm over his face.

"Do you regret meeting me?"

"You were there for my dog and I fell in love. I did dumb shit, hell that night at the hospital I just KNEW I was dead but someone came in , a private doctor, and nurses me to health. Little did I know what the fuck was going on."

Jazmine shook her head, "Do you regret meeting me?"

"Jaz-."

"ANSWER THE QUESTION!" She slammed her hand on the table causing a few people to look.

Jamie gave a fake polite smile to the people and looked directly in Jazmine's eyes.

"Yes."

~

Dave sat with Jaliyah on his lap and Jabari on the other end of the couch playing a game on his Nintendo.

"Daddy, are you and mommy getting back married?" Jaliyah picked at her modestly manicured nails.

"Never!" Jabari shook his head.

Dave raised a brow at him.

"What makes y'all day that?"