2

It'd been a week since the incident at my mama's and I hadn't been back since

It'd been a week since the incident at my mama's and I hadn't been back since. I'd been staying with Kionni and Juju's mama back and forth. I had insisted on giving them both something for letting me stay but both refused.

I ended up just leaving money around the house, anyway.

Today was Friday and my only day off this week, and all I wanted was to see the back of my eyelids all day but, of course, my friends had other plans.

"Morgannnn" Talia whined, making me chuckle. "You're at that hospital all week! Working damn near 20 hours a day come on! We never get to see you," she pouted, trying to make me feel bad.

It was true, I do work a lot, but I have to take care of myself and my brother. I was honestly trying to save up for an apartment that I saw online, they had a whole bunch of two bedroom units available and I was working toward renting one for myself and Boog.

"She's right, Morg. We haven't had a day out in months," Kiki pointed out, popping some gum that she was chewing. I sighed, picking at my fingernails, knowing they were both absolutely right, they barely ever ask me to go out, and I didn't wanna be that friend.

"Fiiiine," I resigned, making Talia clap loudly, excited. Kionni smirked at me, like she knew I'd say yes all along.

"I need this, yall's nephew has been grinding my damn gears" she spoke, and as if on cue, Tristan came running down the hallway of their apartment, probably just waking up for the day. It was about 10:30 in the morning.

"Tete!" he gasped, running towards me, grinning wildly. I hadn't seen him in about two weeks, I missed his bad ass so much.

"Hi dooda!" I cooed, picking him up off the floor, kissing him all over his face, making him squeal and giggle. "You missed me baby?" I asked, sitting him on my lap. He mumbled a yes, laying his head on my chest, clutching my shirt.

"Have you been being good for mama?" he looked up at me innocently, making me pout at his cute face and rub my hand over his short curls. I knew he'd been acting up but he was just so precious, he was an angel to me.

"Look at you, falling for it again. You so soft, Mo." Tre said, emerging from the hallway yawning, scratching his head. "His ass is bad as hell," he spoke again, approaching Talia and pressing a quick kiss to her lips.

"Hello to you too, Treshaun," I began, earning a laugh from him. I was probably the only person beside his own girlfriend who ever called him by his whole name on occasion. "Both of y'all leave my dooda butt alone, I mean it," I chuckled, kissing his forehead.

We sat, discussing our plans for the evening for a little while longer, deciding to start our day together by going to eat some breakfast/brunch. I suggested we cook instead, which the girls were cool with, so we stopped by the grocery store.

"Y'all want cheese for these grits?" I asked, pushing the buggy down the aisle, watching Tristan looking intently at Peppa Pig on my phone, to keep him quiet. "Wait Lee you're lactose, nevermind." I said, beginning to put the cheddar I had picked up back down. She grabbed my hand quickly, shaking her head.