Chapter 27- Dress Shopping

Sawyer's POV:

"She's going out on a date!", Stiles groaned over the phone reciever.

"Who cares? Stiles, leave the poor woman alone, she deserves some privacy.", I muttered, turning a page in my book with my cell phone on speaker.

"Scott's mom is going on a date," Stiles repeated.

I sarcastically replied, "I heard."

"With Peter Hale."

"I kn- WAIT WHAT?!", I screeched. "Pick me up, we have some date crashing to do."

A little while later, the two of us were on the road, practically on top of the car Melissa and Peter were in from how close we were.

"Holy shit!", I cursed, jolting forward into the dashboard as Stiles slammed into the back of their car.

"Are you okay-"

"ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! STILES I WOULD EXPECT THIS FROM YOU, BUT SAWYER?!", Scott's mom cut him off, burning with anger.

I leaned in close to Stiles' ear, my voice hardly a whisper, "Distract her."

He nodded vigerously, giving me a goofy grin, before taking Melissa somewhere else to talk, which left me alone with the alpha.

"Hello, Sawyer.", he charmingly smiled.

"Cut the crap Peter, how dare you bring Scott's mom into this?! She's completely innocent, and so was Scott when you bit him. You stupid jackass!", I growled out, bringing back my foot and ramming it into his shin.

The psycho had the nerve to laugh at my failed attempts at hurting him, "How cute. I truly do regret taking Scott instead of you. You would have made an excellent wolf, perhaps even mate."

"Did you seriously just say that? Damn, I guess we hit you with the jeep harder than intended. Oops.", I showed off my smile innocently, dragging Stiles back to the car. I don't think words can describe how much I hate Peter Hale.

"Can't you just get a new phone?", Stiles asked while watching Scott turn his entire bedroom upside down looking for his cell phone.

"I can't afford that!", he ran his hands over his face. "And I can't do this alone."

"Well, you're not alone," I span around in Scott's swivel chair. "You have us!"

"Yeah, and you probably lost it when you and Derek were fighting. You know, when he was trying to kill you after you interrupting him trying to kill Jackson? Do you see a pattern of violent behavior here?", Stiles badmouthed the younger Hale.

Scott's face fell grave, "He's in trouble, I'm not letting him die."

"Couldn't you at least think about killing him? Please, for me?", Stiles pleaded with his adorable puppydog eyes.

I flicked him in the ear, "We're not letting him die." His jaw clenched when I jumped to Derek's defense. "What?"

"Could you be any more obvious about your thing for Derek.", he grumbled back angrily.

"I do not have a thing for Derek! I actually have a thing for this spastic friend of mine.", I smirked, inching closer to where he was sitting.

His mole-spotted face fell, "I knew you liked someone else."

"Oh my god, she's talking about you, dumbass! Now, stop being so lovey dovey it's kind of sickening.", Scott chuckled, but stopped abruptly. "My mom's home from work."

"Is she okay?", Stiles examined his friend's pained expression. Scott sadly shook his head 'no'.

"What's she doing?", I asked softly.

"She's crying.", he muttered, not looking up from the floor.

"You can't save everyone.", Stiles patted Scott on the back.

"I have to."

"Ever heard of the expression 'don't frown, somebody could be falling in love with your smile'? Smile girls, I'm buying you dresses.", Lydia chirped as wer rode the escalator up to the second floor in Macy's.

"As far as apologies go, I wasn't expecting this much.", Allison showed off her dimples. The two girls are almost back to normal best friends since the day Lydia made out with Scott. 

"Oh look, it's my date!", I said dreamily, laughing lightly as Stiles accidentally sprayed perfume in his face, causing him to burst into a fit of sneezes.

"I still don't know what you see in him," my strawberry blonde friend sighed. He waved awkwardly, cheeks tinged a light pink. I waved back, grinning more than cheshire cat. "You really like him, don't you?"

"More than anything.", my lips twitched upward, let's go look at some dresses.

"I need to make a quick stop at the ladies' room. Keep shopping, I'll be back in a minute.", Lydia's heels clicked against the tile floors as she strut off.

After gazing at the dresses hanging on the racks, I held up a peach dress with sparkles lining the top, "What do you think of this one?"

"Not really your color," a voice chimed in from behind me, a voice belonging to none other than Peter Hale. "I suggest going with a darker color."

"Why are you talking to me," I gritted my teeth together.

"I just wanted to help. Here, this one will suit you well.", Derek's uncled handed me a midnight blue dress that fell about mid-thigh and had a very small sweetheart neckline. And as much as I hate to admit it, the dress was freaking gorgeous.

"Uh thanks.", I murmured, taking a step away from the alpha.

"Attention shoppers, can the owner of a blue mazda please come to the parking lot. Your car is being towed.", the loudspeaker rang out.

"That's my car!", Allison's eyes widened. "I have to go, bye Sawyer! Make sure to tell Lydia thank you!"

And with that she was off. I turned around to confront Peter, but when I turned around, he was gone. I looked around for a few minutes longer, waiting for Lydia to return. 

"Two dresses?", she tilted her head.

"Uh no, one's Allison's. She had to go because her car was being towed," I shifted uncomfortably.

"Oh ok then, let's go check out.", Lydia span on the ball of her foot, carrying all three of our dresses. A dance that Scott's not allowed to attend, but will anyway even though he doesn't have a tux and there's werewolves and werewolf hunters out to kick his little werewolf ass. What could possibly go wrong?