Chapter 24

Cassie's POV

As I stood beside my mother, who was sat  in front of a vanity getting her make up done, I couldn't help the joy that I felt. My mother was happy, getting married, mated, and was going to be treated like the queen she is. She looks incredibly nervous but you can see that she's happy none the less. After her make up and hair are done, she stands and starts to pace around the room, the blue dress she's wearing trailing behind in an elegant sweep. With her hair in it's updo and her makeup kept simple, it was weird to see. I've never seen my mother this stressed out or this dressed up. 

She is absolutely stunning

She is absolutely stunning. Now if I could just get her to calm down before she sweat her make up off. 

"Mom. Calm down. You're stressing over nothing. This man loves you and would die for you at any given moment." I say and walk over to her, sitting her down on the couch in the reserved room. 

"I know. It's just... a big change. I went from it just being the two of us on our own and now we're going to farther than we've ever been and you're growing up so fast. It's all happening so quickly and I just don't know how to handle it."

"With your head held high and the grace of a queen." I say and smile at her. "That's what you told me while I was growing up. When life was tough, you hold your head high and walk with the grace of a queen. Be a pineapple. Stand tall, wear a crown, and be sweet inside and dangerous outside." 

"It's not easy. you of all people should know that." 

"It's time to grow up. You get a second chance at love. One that you're willing to take. Besides, it's not like I'm going very far. You'll still be able to visit often and meet your grandchildren when we finally have them. But for now, focus on going out there and becoming who the Luna above meant for you to be." I say and kiss her on her head. 

"I'm the one who's supposed to give you this talk on the day of your wedding." She says and we both chuckle.

"Well you can give it to me later today. I can't believe I'm getting married. And you're making me wear a dress. I can, however, believe that you aren't wearing white for your own wedding. That isn't shocking in the least."