18

she could be anything in the worldbut she wanted to be his

in the world
but she wanted to be his.

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

DAISY

I squeal as Seth splashes water at me, laughing at the pout on my face after. He reaches out to grab my arms but I swim backwards, away from him.

We finally got up from our 'nap' four hours ago and that's when Seth told me he was bringing me to the beach. I was super excited because i've never been before.

I didn't even notice the huge wave coming up behind me until it hit me, literally. I was knocked under the water and that's when an evil planned popped into my head.

The wave is long gone but I stay under, holding my breath for as long as possible. I can faintly hear the sound of Seth calling out my name above the surface. After another five seconds, I start to run out of air which is why I finally stand up so I can breathe again.

The first thing I see is Seth looking around frantically, cursing under his breath.

I giggle and his eyes immediately snap towards me. At first he looks relieved, but then he scowls and storms in my direction. My eyes widen and I hurry back as best as I can.

I don't get very far, since he can somehow walk through the water easily. Seth scoops me up into his arms so that my legs are around his waist while he's gripping my thighs.

"That wasn't very nice of you sweetheart." He says with his jaw clenched.

I frown and look up at him with puppy dog eyes that I know he can't resist, as I mumble an apology. "I'm sorry."

He sighs and his eyes immediately soften.

It worked.

"It's okay, you just scared the shit out of me. What if you actually drowned, huh? What would I do without you?" He tickles my sides, making me giggle and push at his hands.

"You'd be alone forever." I tease.

He opens his mouth in shock, pretending to be hurt. "When did you get so sassy, little girl?"

I pout and attempt to send him a glare. "I'm not a little girl."

He raises an eyebrow, before a smirk appears on his face. "No, you definitely aren't." His eyes scan over my body.

I blush and hide my face in the crook of his neck. "Seth." I whine quietly.

I hear his deep chuckle. "What? I'm just stating the obvious." He leaves a kiss on my shoulder. "Your body is fucking incredible, don't ever doubt that."