x. | no way out

"EGGS!"

"EGGS!"

Ella sat down beside Glenn who had his head tilted up, his arms crossed over his chest, and his eyes droopy. He seemed to have had quite the night drinking with Daryl, Rick, Jenner and T-Dog.

"Powdered," T-Dog told everyone as he used a spatula to scrape some eggs on Ella's plate. "But I do 'em good."

Glenn groaned, his hand on his forehead. Ella pushed his cup of water closer to him. "Drink up." she told him.

"I can't drink anymore, Ella."

"It's water."

His eyelids opened. "Oh, don't mind if I do." he quickly grabbed the cup and chugged a bunch of the water down his throat.

Ella scooped eggs on her fork as Rick and Lori conversated about the food, Ella decided to ignore them. She wanted to enjoy her food in peace without anyone asking anymore dumb and unnecessary questions.

She grabbed the ketchup and soaked the eggs with the red sauce  to get rid of the taste of the egg, she didn't necessarily like the taste of egg, but she still ate it because she was absolutely famished.

Glenn took the ketchup from her and drizzled the ketchup on his eggs just a little bit. Ella raised an eyebrow, she hadn't met anyone in the group else who liked ketchup. Then again the group surprised her more and more each day. They probably liked ketchup, they just wouldn't admit to it.

Glenn sent her a smile, and she returned it, causing him to blush a bright red, before he stuffed his face with his ketchup eggs.

"Hey." Shane greeted the group. Ella stiffened and looked at Lori who didn't meet his gaze, before she looked back at her father. He looked a bit rough to say the least.

Rick chortled. "Feel as bad as I do?" he questioned his best friend.

"Worse." Shane sighed as he headed over to the coffee pot to get himself some coffee for the day. He made eye contact with Ella for a second, then he looked back at the coffee pot.

Ella inhaled sharply in hopes that no one would notice the scratch on his neck, yet despite her hope, someone did notice the small wound etched deep into his skin.

"The hell happened to you?" T-Dog questioned Shane. Ella lowered her head. Shane gave him a look of confusion. "Your neck." T-Dog pointed out to him.

Shane rubbed the back of his neck. "I must have done it in my sleep." he sheepishly shrugged. Shane sat down beside Andrea, staring down at the table.