Put in a Good Mood

Winter POV

I stood as I finished strapping on my heels, I walked towards the full body mirror and checked if anything seemed unpresentable. (y/n) stood by the door, waiting for me to finish. Lunch was finished a few hours ago, by the time we've landed on the meeting place, it'd be time for dinner.

"Milady, I hope you did not forget anything important" he said, his own luggage already set "We'll be heading to Sanus, right by the border of Vale and Vacuo. Please bring and wear sunblock"

"I manage to handle my luggage well on my own thank you, and I did put on sunblock already"

"Very well, hurry up then with all due respect"

"Fine..."

Finding everything to be satisfactory, I stood in front of (y/n).

"Time to get out of your room. Adjust your posture..."

I straightened my body in front of him, going with our usual routine that reminded us that we were friends in private but master and butler in public. Having a short time of corrections made us remember that fact.

"Straighten your body" he said, his eyes gazing upon me "Stomach in... chest out..."

I looked at him, wearing the usual butler uniform and as usual, nothing was amiss.

"All good here" I said.

"Good here as well" he replied, and with that, we both went towards the Schnee's personal airship. A line of regular butlers and maids lined up for our exit.

"You look specially beautiful today miss Winter!" praised one of our maids.

"Of course" said (y/n) as we walked by "I did do my best taking care of her" which left them giggling as we left...

"Aren't you popular with the maids"

"Jealous?"

"The maids aren't my type"

"Not in my head..."

And just like that we boarded and flew for Sanus.

(y/n) POV

The scorching sun began to settle and rest on the horizon giving the sky a red hue.

Upon landing, a small group of men and women were waiting for us, all of which were wearing a black coat over a dark red shirt.

We landed on what seemed to be a stone garden, wooden steps lead towards a tall temple-like fortress. With a group of thugs in suits surrounding us, I could see the nervousness on Weiss and Whitley's face. And though Jacques and Winter kept a straight face, their body had begun moving stiffly.

"These are..." Weiss barely breathed out.

"Most probably a clan. And a big one at that..." I explained as I walked behind her, my eyes focusing on the ones surrounding us.

"A clan?" she asked.

"Vacuo holds the most unforgiving weather pattern, shifting between deadly hot then deadly cold in one day. Only rule to live here is survive..." I explained to her further.

"Heh, sounds like you're from around here" one of the thugs suddenly spoke out, looking at me with a smug smile on his face.

Ignoring him, I continued "That being said, there is strength in numbers, and so, clans were made. Soon, clans met and clashed for valuable resources such as water, food, cloth, metals, dusts... essentials for surviving in harsh conditions... in the end, it all lead to a warring states, constantly in turmoil. This must be one of the bigger clans..."