Chapter Thirty Three [Forever Young]

J E S S E

I rubbed Alijah's back while she cried softly into her pillow. She refused to get out of bed to go to Tristan's funeral and I didn't go either because I didn't like to be around a lot of people at once who where mourning, it just wasn't my place.

"You gonna tell me why you crying or nah?" I asked pulling some of the covers off of her and brushing her hair out of her face.

"I just don't wanna talk about it, I don't even like you right now so stop touching me" She said angrily pulling the covers back on her and I watched for a moment before standing up and yanking the covers completely off of her giving her ass a smack.

"I tried to be nice but we gotta do this the hard way I guess" I mumbled grabbing her out of bed as she fought with me which ended with me dragging her on the floor by her feet into the bathroom.

I quickly turned on the shower before she could crawl away and pushed her inside getting her pajamas wet and she covered her chest.

"I'm not wearing a bra! Get out!" She yelled turning away from me so I wouldn't see through the white tank top she had on and I smirked walking out out of the bathroom.

Looking around her bedroom I noticed a lot of shit I hadn't before, like how she still owned the drawings she did when she was little but had them framed. She had little post it notes stuck all over her pink room wall and I walked over to one reading it.

"Don't let anyone see you frown, you've been cut free for three years" I read out loud before glancing at the bathroom door as she walked out in different clothes with a towel placed on her head.

"What are these?" I asked pointing to the post its and she glanced up before smiling as she put on spray on deodorant.

"It's something my therapist use to have me do when I was back in Atlanta so keep myself sane and I just continued doing it because it makes me feel better when I'm sad" she said sitting on her bed as I nodded and looked at some more.

I always figured she was a brat, I wouldn't of know she had depression issues. From what Calvin told me all of Jades kids were messed up in the head like his ass is.

"I don't wanna worry about the Cali situation today" I said looking over at her and she frowned. We were suppose to go ask around about him but I wanted to do something different.

"Well than what are we gonna do if you won't let me cry in peace?" She asked and I looked over at her as she stood in a tank and shorts.

Slowly walking over to her she looked at me with a raised eyebrow as I took a hold of her arms glancing down at her arms noticing some older scars, but what got me off guard was some recent ones as well.

"Can I take you out on a date? Where ever you wanna go" I tell her as she tugged out of my grip and continued to look at me before shaking her head.

"You only wanna go out with me because you feel bad and I don't need your sympathy I'm fine, I'd rather you go hang out with Ember if your gonna make a big deal out of this because I'm not stupid" She said sitting down on her bed and I shook me head.

"That's not true I really like you and maybe I shouldn't of said what I said about breaking things off with you, I'm real good about pushing people away but I wanna take you out on a date because I wanna get to know you better figure out why I love your annoying ass so much" I said laughing at the last part and she playfully rolled her eyes.

"Fine but if you bring it up I'll walk away" she said sliding on her sandals and I held my hand out for her to take.

"We ain't gotta talk about it now if you don't want to, but we will eventually" I tell her leaning down pecking her lips causing her to blush.