Chapter 17 - New Home

(Y/N)'s POV
Hearing all of this from Core Frisk was a lot to take in, this huge library is now my universe? I'm apart of the AU guardian family? How and when did this happen? And why me? I still have so many questions. I took the book from Core Frisk, still confused as ever. Before I could ask Core Frisk any questions, they left in a hurry. Welp, looks like I have to figure out my questions on my own.

This library was gorgeous, more than I could ever imagine. I walked around the bottom floor, taking brief glances at everything but when I got to the glass panes, I took a little longer to admire them. Each plane had an image that painted a story, there was one about the war between the humans and monsters, and the others continued on with that story; the story of Frisk saving the humans from the underground. There was one specially dedicated to me and Papyrus, when we met the kid. Good times.

After looking through the panes, I walked upstairs. Again, it was filled with books but compared to the bottom floor, it didn't have much furniture, it only had a desk with a potted echo flower, folded clothes with white boots, and a book. But there was something strange about the second floor, there was some sort of keyhole on a bookshelf, that was behind the desk. If I find a key around here then maybe I'll unlock it. I went over to the desk to take a closer look at the desk. There were drawers, I opened all of them to see that they were mainly filled with blank paper and pens, except for one. That drawer had a letter inside, I unfolded the letter and read it.

Dear (Y/N),
Congratulations on being apart of the AU guardians. You are the caretaker of the Alternate Universes, it'll be a lot of responsibility but I believe in you. This library was made by Ink, it possesses all of the AUs. Each book is about a certain AU, each one having a backstory, character description, timelines, etc.... I know this may be a lot to take in but you are capable of many things, more than anyone can handle. You are gifted.
From, Core Frisk

I'm gifted? In what way? This is all too strange for me, I'll say that. I put the letter back in the drawer and took a look through the book that was on the desk. I opened the cover and a key fell out, maybe this is the key to that bookshelf but I'll deal with that later. I flipped through the pages of the book, this seems like some sort of magic book or something, each page has some sort of description about magic and the process of performing it.

This was a bit weird so I placed the book on the desk. I'll read more into that later. Now onto the clothes. Shoot, now that I remembered, I left my dirty clothes back in Dreamtale. Oh well, I'll get them back later. I unfolded the first piece of clothing which was a long, dark blue sleeveless cloak, there were buttons and strings on the top area. Next, there was a short, white sleeveless dress, not much of a dress person but it's cute. Then there were black stockings. And lastly, a black armband. Quite an outfit. I took all the clothes and boots with me, going back downstairs and entering the door.

It was the bedroom, and there was another door inside. I placed the clothes on the bed and opened the other door, it led into the bathroom. I probably should've figured that. I looked at the clothes and tried them on.

Once I got the boots on, I took a look at myself in the mirror. It looked nice and fits well on me but there was something missing from it. Papyrus's scarf, of course. I wrapped her scarf around my neck, now it looks better. I took the dirty clothes and teleported back into Dreamtale, I knocked on the door and Dream opened the door.

I handed him his clothes, "Thank you so much for the clothes...!"

"Wow! I really like the new outfit, (Y/N)."

I smiled, "Thanks, can I get my clothes back?"

"Oh! Let me get them." He walked back inside his house and grabbed my clothes then handed them back to me, "There you go!"