What Kind of Ayakashi Are You?

If you find anything wrong with my description of the various ayakashi, please don't hesitate to correct me!

Dawn:

Koga: An Ameonna

Ameonna, or rain woman, are a class of ayakashi that appear during rain. They're thought to summon rain wherever they go and are often blamed for kidnapping children. They appear in dark streets and alleyways, soaked with rainwater. 

Kuya: A Jami

Jami are technically an evil mountain spirit created to torment humans. They are the ill will of the mountain awoken to do harm to the humans that have done harm to the mountain. Though, I doubt you're evil...right?

Aoi: A Gaki

Gaki are starving ghosts that are eternally hungry and thirsty. A gaki's suffering is dependent on the sins they committed in their past life. Gaki are only able to eat food specifically blessed for them. 

Ginnojo: A Chochin Obake

Chochin Obake are paper lanterns that reach a certain age and grow a spirit. It rarely cause physical harm, instead playing jokes on humans and enjoys surprising and scaring humans. Its more harmless than anything. 

Yura: An Amabie

Amabie are ayakshi similar to mermaids, with long hair and a scaley body. Amabie glow at night, their light being able to be seen from the shore. It's said that keeping a picture of an amabie can protect you from disease. 

Twilight:

Toichiro: A Nogitsune

Nogitsune are a type of kitsune (magical foxes found in East Asian folklore) that can shapeshift into a human. They often use their abilities to trick and torment humans. They're extremely cautious and have a keen sense of danger. 

Shizuki: A Mononoke

Mononoke refers to a wide variety of spirits that are said to possess humans and cause suffering, bring disease, or even cause death. Mononoke cannot be seen or heard unless they possess someone. 

Kuro: A Kiyohime

Kiyohime is one of the most famous examples of a demon woman who attained absolute power. Kiyo was a Japanese princess whose grief of being betrayed by her lover turned her into a fire-breathing serpent demon. 

Oji: A Aonyobo

Aonyobo is a spirit of poverty and misfortune that lives in abandoned mansions and villas, waiting for the return of wealth and grace. She takes the appearance of a noblewoman though her beauty has long left her. 

Gaku: Hanako-san

Not technically an ayakashi, Hanako-san is an urban legend of a young girl who haunts the bathrooms of schools. The story of how she died varies, with the most popular being she was killed in a WW2 air-raid. 

Night:

Nachi: A Bakeneko

Bakeneko are cat spirits that look almost identical to house cats, save for the fact that they can shape shift and walk around on their hind legs. They often shape shift into humans or other cats. 

Kagemaru: A Funayurei

Funayurei are the spirits of people who died at sea. They become vengeful shadows of sailors searching for their lost comrades to drag them down to sea as well. They often attack other ships sailing at sea. 

Akiyasu: A Goryo

Goryo are ghosts of ancient warriors and nobles who died horrible, agonizing deaths. They return as goryo, filled with vengeance, and haunt their enemies by bringing calamity and destruction. 

Tatsuomi: A Harionago

Harionago appear at night on roads, indistinguishable from young women with flowing hair. The tips of a harionago's hair are fitted with needle-like barbed hooks and they prowl the streets, often attacking young, single men. 

Yakumo: A Shinigami

Shinigami are spirits of death and are like the Japanese version of the grim reaper (Soul Eater anyone?). Their job is to invite humans to death, or, more simply collect the souls of mortal humans.