62| You're My Jeep Boy

"LOGAN! You are down here just in time for breakfast

"LOGAN! You are down here just in time for breakfast. We made scrambled eggs and bacon!" Mrs. Grigio exclaimed immediately as I walked into the kitchen.

Yes, I was staying with the Grigio's yet again. Obviously, after the fight I had with my parents, they weren't so keen on having me at home. It was always like this with them. I was positive that things would never change. But for the first time, I was more than grateful to be staying with the Grigio's. They even made me breakfast and everything. Although they were by no means a normal family, they were definitely very welcoming.

"Thanks, but I have to get to school early today. I have a meeting with my counselor," I said. "But I will take some bacon."

Mrs. Grigio smiled. "Take all the bacon you want. Is this your college meeting?"

I nodded. "Making up for the last one," I said. The last one where I still thought that Stanford was the goal and that I was going to get that scholarship.

"I'm happy for you," Mrs. Grigio said. "You know, your parents will come around. Once they see that you're making your own decisions for yourself and that it makes you happy, they'll accept it. They love you, believe me."

"They have a weird way of showing it," I muttered.

Mrs. Grigio placed her hand on my shoulder in a comforting manner. "It'll be okay. I've known your parents for a very long time. Trust me."

She let go and I gave her a smile before grabbing 5 pieces of bacon and heading out. I hopped in my car and started the short drive to school.

As much as I thought the Grigio's were a weird family, I could admit that Mrs. Grigio had always been like a second mother to me. Any time my parents went out of town, she would gladly take me in and care for me. And even now with any time my parents and I fought and they didn't want to see my face, she would do the same. I was pretty grateful for her when it came down to times like this.

I was nervous about driving to the school knowing that I was meeting with Mrs. Johns about college today. And this time, I actually knew what I wanted. I knew where I wanted to go, what I wanted to do, and what I definitely did not want to do. I had figured it all out the night of prom while Noah and I were in the condo. Don't ask me why then, it all just came to me.

I wanted to believe Mrs. Grigio, thinking that my parents would eventually respect my decisions, but I just couldn't bring myself to think that would actually happen. What I actually wanted to do was nothing like what they'd expected from me.

I got to the school and parked in the senior lot before heading towards the front entrance. As I got closer and closer to Mrs. John's office, I got progressively more nervous. I kept having to reassure myself that there was no need to be nervous. It was my future we were talking about. It should be exciting and freeing, not scary. And it wasn't my parents I was going to talk to. It was the freaking school counselor.