chapter 15 : Imagination

*Next day*

Nandini was sitting in the car thinking about Manik.

Nandini's pov
He hasn't contacted me since we came back. Is he angry with me stomping his foot. Did I do something wrong? Argh. Nandini concentrate you have a meeting with a special client. I don't know who is the person with whom Aryaman had organised this meeting. He just told me that the person wants something from Miraya. Uff! Such a reserved person. Weird! Waise weird toh Manik bhi hai. Sooo cutely weird.

Nandini came out of the car in her all time suave look, looking a perfect business women. She had a black top and her white skirt on as well as her glasses.

 She had a black top and her white skirt on as well as her glasses

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

Nandini's attire

She as usual walked through the reception area but today with a slight smile. The receptionist was too shocked to even say something. All the workers had almost the same reaction when for the first time she replied to their greetings with a curt nod. Nandini stopped mid way, she felt as if Manik's around. She turned and had a look around but couldn't find anyone. She then continued till the elevator giving curt nodes to everyone who wished her. Though it wasn't a big change but all these small changes were telling that she was under someone's good influence. She still had that inkling that Manik's around.
She looked at the liftman, usually she never spared another look to anybody but today her head shot up again. He saw Manik standing there. Her eyes bulged out of the socket. She looked at him wide eyed whereas he was smiling. She said in a high pitched shrill voice ," TUMM!! What the hell are you doing here ?" The liftman looked devastated. He begged "Ma'am mai toh yaha hamesha rehta hu. " Nandini blinked her eyes few times and then looked at that person again. It was the same liftman who is always there. Though she was shocked she gained her composure quickly and said ," i didn't recognize you. " and he breathing a sigh of relief ,pressed the button for the top floor. She mentally scolded herself for letting Manik play on her mind.

She entered her cabin a little lost in her world and a strong smell of roses and lilies mixed with a familiar manly scent hit her nostrils. She looked up from her mobile to see a huge bouquet of pink roses and lilies kept on her table and Manik standing there leaning on it.

 She looked up from her mobile to see a huge bouquet of pink roses and lilies kept on her table and Manik standing there leaning on it

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

Manik's attire

Her nose scrunched in confusion. She Sructinized him from top to bottom. He looked real. She said ," aahhh not this time. I know you aren't there". She walked past the table and sat down. Manik turned and looked at her surprised himself. He thought of surprising Nandini but Nandini surprised him. He kept mum and stared at her. Nandini again looked at him and on finding him still there she felt weird so she got up and started coming close to him. She walked taking small steps towards him looking directly in his eyes. Manik's masculine scent mingled with Nandini's feminine one as they approached closer. Nandini stood right in front of him staring into his dark brown eyes with her doe eyes. Her hands involuntarily moved towards his face. She cupped his week old stubbled cheeks , in her soft hands. Manik body reacted very eerily towards her proximity. He being an actor who is mainly seen romancing should not ideally be affected with it but Nandini did affect him. She affected him badly. As badly as alchohol does. It makes you loose your senses and same was Nandini's touch for him. She moved her thumb on his cheeks . She was still trying to figure out if he's real or not. Manik's eyes were tightly shut as he was trying to gather his feelings and desires. Not being able to suppress them more his hands reached for her waist. His hands perfectly rounded around her waist, engulfing it. Nandini too was able to feel the adrenalin rush in her body. An unknown feeling of safety and serenity gripped her. The clock for them seemed to have stopped.

When Nandini didn't make any further move Manik moved his hand to her face. He was adoring her perfect face. She had neither less nor more make up, it was just perfect. His fingers moved towards her forehead. He pushed back the hair strands behind her ears and let her finger trail from her forehead to her cheeks and then onto her lips. He gently creased her soft rose like lips and looked intently at them. He so wanted to place his lips on them but his promise to himself was stopping him. Before the temperature of the room could go out of the roof, Aryaman arrived unannounced. "Nandini how was... " He couldn't complete as his eyes fell upon both of them standing in a compromising situation . He hurriedly turned around and said, " I didn't see anything guys". They both parted ways Fastlyyy. "You're here for real! " exclaimed Nandini.
M: ofcourse I am
N : matlab you were really there I didn't see you in my dreams.
Nandini blurted out but regretted soon as both Arya and Manik looked at her shockingly. Manik thought to tease her.
M : Ohhh so Miss Murthy is seeing me in her dreams. Not bad haa
A :Haan yaar Manik. It's strange.
M : Arey not strange Aryaman it's Manik Malhotra's magic. ( winked at Nandini)

Nandini rolled her eyes and said, " hogaya tumhara? Why are you here?"
M: Arey can't I come and meet my friend?
N: which friend? Why do you want to meet Arya?
M : Miss Murthy not this friend my "unnamed relationship friend"
N : Why do you wanna meet me?
A : Wow just a few days have passed and you both have started talking in code words.
N : Manik on a serious note please tell me why are you here I have a client party coming soon.
M: He's here and the other two will he here soon.
N: How do you know?
M:Dont you ask your clients to sit?
N: You're not my client Manik (now getting angry as she doesn't like people interfering in her work)
Manik looked at Aryaman. Seeing him looking at Aryaman even Nandini looked at him and he made " He's telling the bitter truth face". Nandini rolled her eyes and kept her hand on her forehead and thought " aur socho Nandini poora din uske baare mein ab he's your client. Deal with him"

Nandini took deep breaths and settled herself on the chair and as usual Arya seated himself on the sofa near by to take down her instructions. "What's the occasion? " asked a sober and subtle Nandini to Manik. Manik was in the mood of teasing her. " it's my engagement." " okay your engagement " repeated Nandini absent mindedly. Manik and Aryaman both for a moment were amused at Nandini being so calm at it when suddenly she gasped "YOUR ENGAGEMENT!!! How? Who? When? " Nandini showered manik with questions.

Seeing her like that both Aryaman and manik laughed madly. Nandini looked at them confused. She was about to ask the reason when a voice from behind said, " don't believe them Nandini. It's my engagement."
She looked at the source to find Mukti standing there with Abhi . She immediately recognized her and smiled at her. " Shall we come in?" asked mukti. " Yeah please come in."

All the four of them seated themselves and Nandini sat at the head chair.
" i want to wear dresses by you during all my wedding functions", said an excited Mukti. Smiling on her excitement Nandini assured her that she'll get the best. Mukti expressed her wish of going tradtional in the engagement. Nandini and Mukti got into a serious discussion on the attire of the couples with some inputs in between by Abhi and Manik.

Manik was less involved in the conversation as he was busy staring at Nandini. He was amazed at the level of Nandini's professionalism. She not once was distracted by Manik's presence, but still manged to steal glances at him.

At last the discussion came to an end with Mukti inviting Nandini along with Arya for her engagement to which she happily agreed. They all bid bye to each other and Manik passed his naughty wink at her which made Nandinis face break into a beautiful smile even when she wanted to hide it. Nandini was feeling pumped up with Mukti's homely behaviour towards her and vowed to give her the best engagement dress she could.

Heyyy all!!! Sorry for a comparatively small chapter but the next one is going to be a big one with a small twist at the end. Hopefully you'll like it. Please guys vote if you like it and comment to tell me your views. I'll love to hear from you all. Thanks for reading ❤❤❤

ANAM CARA || A MaNan Fanfictionजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें