THIRTEEN

The rain was throwing heavily at the ground and the thunder strummed loudly in the wind along with the bright lightning inside of the clouds that shone brightly against Max's bike with el on the pedals we hands on Max's back and y/n gliding on her bike.

Max stopped at a mail post putting her foot against the concrete, y/n braking just behind her and looking towards the house with a red door.

"Is this it?" Max yelled over the rain, y/n noticing els nod as she continued staring at the house.

Max and y/n both abandoned their bikes on the patch of grass out on their lawn as y/n knocked against the door, waiting for a reply, she knocked again and grew impatient, leaning to bang against the door again, before eleven grabbed her wrist, y/n put her hand by her side and allowed el to use her mind and open it up.

The door unlocked and swung open revealing the yellow undertone of the walls including its flowers on wooden table and pictures, they stepped inside becoming familiar with a warm surroundings.

"This is her house," max announced looking at a photo with Heather resting in her fathers shoulder, her mother standing next to them too.

"What?" El responded looking at the photo too.

"Heather's house," y/n replied, gazing at the photo until a laugh erupted in their ears on their right, all three heads snapped towards that direction as they walked into a living room with the dad and mom from the photo sitting at each end of a dining table, with Billy sitting at the centre, but no Heather to be seen.

"Max," Billy said and max raised her brows.

"We didn't mean to barge in, we tried to knock but maybe you didn't hear because of the...storm," she said and y/n nodded.

"I'm sorry, who is this dripping all over my living room floor," the father of the photo announced, chewing at the meat, slouching in his seat, turning towards Billy.

"Hah, I'm sorry," Billy laughed and put his napkin onto the table, pointing towards the mom and dad of Heather. "Janet, Tom, this is my sister Maxine," Billy announced as he stood up.

"Oh!" Janet squealed looking at max and her friends standing beside her.

"What on earth are you doing here?" Billy asked and looked at max with a smile. "Is something wrong?" He asked.

"We was just wanted to make sure everything was okay," max replied looking up at her brother.

"Okay? Why wouldn't it be okay?" He asked her with a grin pressed against his face.

"Where is she?" Eleven asked quickly, y/n and max instantly turned to the brunette who was gazing at Billy with her big brown eyes.

"I'm sorry, Where is who?" He asked, in less of the cheerful tone he was using but more of a intimidating one, el didn't seem fussed though.

"Well their a little burnt, I'm sorry," all heads turned to the black haired girl in casual clothes rather than a red swimsuit, y/n and eleven stared at her with wide eyes and furrowed brows.

"Heather!" Billy announced pointing towards the girl with a tray in her hands and oven mits over her hands.  "This is my sister Maxine, her friend..." he paused looking at the h/c.

"y/n," she responded and watched as him almost glare at her and then back at Heather, with a smirk, not like his 'almost smile' type of smirk, but he 'knows something kinda' smirk.

"Y/n and I'm sorry I did not quite catch your name," he looked back at eleven and used his judgemental tone. El looked at Heather and up to Billy with her round eyes again.

"El," she responded.

"El." Billy echoed. "Now what was it you was saying el? Wasn't you looking for somebody?" He questioned her as eleven turned to Heather still holding the tray.

"We, I-we saw-" el began as y/n held onto her raincoat arm, indicating for her to stop.

"Your manager," y/n butted in, max nodding.

"Yeah, he said you guys didn't come into work today so we got worried," max lied as y/n looked to el shaking her head whilst the brunette only gazed at her e/c and nodded back in response.

"Heather wasn't feeling so hot today so we thought we'd take the day off to nurse her back to health," Billy told max and turned to Heather "she's feeling just fine now aren't you Heather?" He asked the colleague.

"I'm feeling so much better," Heather responded and smiled, pushing the tray in front of her and towards the teenage girls. "do you girls want a cookie? They're fresh out of the oven," Heather offered the girls with a bright smile on their faces, a final drum of thunder rumbling.

"No thank you, um, sorry for intruding, we'll be off," y/n spoke as she felt eleven tug at her raincoat, she glanced at her quickly.

"Perfect, I'll walk you girls out," Billy suggested and they began to walk away from the dining table.

"Right, uh, enjoy your meal!" Max announced as y/n started to shove el in front of her.

"Sorry for our inconvenience!" Y/n yelled afterwards waving at the parents and Heather out towards the door picking their bikes back up, pedalling away from the home, once again meeting the cold and wet surroundings.

I just had to write so much bullshit for history and I cannot tell you the amount of times I have cracked my knuckles and how BADLY my wrist aches.
my school starts at 8:40 but tomorrow it stars at 9:40 cause we had open evening and I cannot tell you how happy I am with it cause it's two in the morning and I'm TIRED